Game art asset thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pixeltroid, Jun 11, 2019.

1. pixeltroid

pixeltroid Member

Post your game art that you don't mind being used by other people in their projects!

I'll start with a generic platformer tileset. Since everyone seems to love the classic "grasslands" look, here's a "grasslands" tile set for platformers--

Generic grasslands 1.0 by @pixeltroid

pixeltroid_grassland.png
    32 x 32 pixels. You can add this to your sprite folder and start using it for your prototypes or even your game! You'll just have to get rid of the magenta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the same image laid out in a grid:
    ftsgrid2.png

Here's how it would look when laid out in the room editor:

ftsgrid.png

Note: I made this in a couple of hours today. This is version 1, and I will try and add more tiles to this set. But for now, if you need some art assets to prototype your game, you can use the file I have uploaded.

Have fun! If you use it in your final game, you can give credit as "Pixeltroid"

IndianaBones and sofaspartan like this.
  2. pixeltroid

pixeltroid Member

I'd like to share an art asset that I made. It was originally going to be in my game but at some point I changed the story. So I decided it doesn't fit in with the theme of my game anymore. So I'm giving it away to anyone who needs it!

Behold! A creepy dead tree to decorate your levels!

pixeltroid_tree.png

312 x 372 pixels. You can add this to your backgrounds folder and start using it to decorate your levels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how it would look once its placed in a room!

pixeltroid_tree_rep.png

3. MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x Member

Well one day I had this crazy Idea of making a tileset with 8x8 tiles, worked out decently but in the end it's just an incomplete set, if anybody can find a use for it they are more than welcome, just credit me if it's in the final game...
    8x8 fantasytiles.png

pixeltroid and sofaspartan like this.
  4. pixeltroid

pixeltroid Member

Sharing an art asset that I am no longer going to use in my project, because I changed my game's story.

In case your game is a platformer set in dark medieval castles, light it up with this (subtly) animated wooden candle chandelier.

pixeltroid_chandelier.png

Spritesheet that you can add this to your backgrounds folder and start using it to decorate your levels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chandelier_anim.gif

64 x 101 pixels when animated.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how it would look once its placed in a room!

pixeltroid_chandelier_rep.png