• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Function to open working directory (save area) folder in windows explorer

thom

Hi,

Is there a function to open (go to) the working directory (save area) folder in windows explorer, similar to how url_open opens a URL in the browser?

O.Stogden

If you were wanting to let players select a file or save a file, you could try get_open_filename_ext or get_save_filename_ext.

I don't know of a function that actually opens the standard file explorer though. You might need an extension for that.

woods

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
@Samuel Venable to the rescue!

You can also open it in the browser via url_open because file paths are URLs too. Prefix the file path with "file:///" to specify the protocol so it opens properly.

thom

Thank you, I will try the extension.

Edit: url_open seems to work as well for opening the directory in the browser, thanks

Mookal

When I use the working_directory with url_open(), it points to the game's install/running directory, and not the save data location. How can I make it point to the save data location?
Edit: Or am I just better off using the Execute Shell extension? :p