• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Function name shortening

XanthorXIII

Would it be possible to shorten some of the names for the functions? For example variable_<function> to var_<function>
Save some on typing and screen space?
Just a suggestion, you may have a reason for the longer names.

csanyk

Would it be possible to shorten some of the names for the functions? For example variable_<function> to var_<function>
Save some on typing and screen space?
Just a suggestion, you may have a reason for the longer names.
My preference is to avoid abbreviation, so that code reads as naturally as possible, and to avoid ambiguity when an abbreviation could be misinterpreted to mean something that it does not.

As a suggestion, you can create aliases for functions that you find to be too verbose, either by writing a script using the short name that passes in the arguments to the more verbose function, or by creating macros that do the same thing.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yeah, just write your own little set of scripts that shorten the names.... I usually write one called debug(), that just outputs to show_debug_message() coz I use it loads.

Reactions: xot