• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Function layer_instance_get_instance() not defined on HTML5

M

MarceloP

upload_2018-6-12_16-35-32.png

Hello,

Seems that the function layer_instance_get_instance is not defined neither for the HTML5 export, Test and Debug.

I've created a simple example with nothing except a call of this function and I get the same error. How come this function does not exist in HTML5? Should I file a bug report? Will I be answered (since my last 2 were ignored until now, 3 months after I submit them)?

My Code:
Code:
    type = layer_get_element_type(elements[i]);  
    switch(type){
        case layerelementtype_instance: //Element is an Object
            var instanceId = layer_instance_get_instance(elements[i]);
            if(instanceId != -1){
                instanceId.image_alpha = image_alpha;
            }
        break;
        //... other types
    }
Error, Code Generated in Html5 and Find (only 2 occurrences were found, therefore it gives as not defined):
upload_2018-6-12_16-43-51.png

M

MarceloP

That's a pretty good question. The last update was on 23rd of March and I do need this feature, since I'd have to change a lot in my game to solve without using this function....
Thank you for pointing that out @chmod777!