Fullscreen Problems (Android)

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Saint, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Saint

Saint Member

Ok, this problem may be absolutely ridiculous and ignorant but no matter how novice it may be, I promise I have attempted to remedy it before coming here!

I am unable to get my game to cover the entire screen on my android device. PC works fine. Originally I believed it was a problem with my scaling, but decided it was not. I even set up a test game with nothing more than a background to try and get it to work and failed. I did turn fullscreen on using window_set_fullscreen(true) and in the global game settings it is set as full, not keep aspect ratio.

No matter what I have tried it has a black strip on both sides (not top or bottom) of the screen rather than going true full screen. Am I missing something? Should the full setting in the android tab stretch the image over the ENTIRE screen?

I will upload an image to show the black boarders I'm speaking of, tho it is self explanatory.

Anything I am missing or can try would be appreciated, as I am stumped.

Attached Files:

2. Anuj Raghav

Anuj Raghav Member

can you share the bare bone project file so I can test it on my end ….