Released Fridger (iOS & Android)

darkly

prof_itch.png

"What would I make if I were a developer during the arcade era?" was my initial inspiration on this one, so I set out to emulate that style in both gameplay and aesthetic. Fridger is an action-platformer arcade game about a well, fridge, who must defend his steaks from fire chickens who would see them cooked prematurely. Post your hi-scores to leaderboards and use your coupons to purchase aesthetic upgrades.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1515686713

Android: https://axolotl-soft.itch.io/fridger

This is a solo project published to the App Store and itch this morning, coming soon to the play store as well. Leaderboards are live on iOS, and will be on android as well once through review. I’d love to hear any feedback!

Screenshot_1590706030.png Screenshot_1590706475.png Screenshot_1590706502.png Screenshot_1590706534.png

Gameplay:

Twitter:

Toque

This is pretty cool on first play. wanted the game play to be a bit faster. Wasn't sure what I was saving? They looked like frozen steaks to me? Im against the chickens? Its frozen so I would think penguins or seals or something. First level was quick. Second level was really long. But not exactly sure how I complete a level....... So thats just my first game play and impression.
Its good though. Good job.

darkly

Thanks for playing. They are exactly frozen steaks lol. Fire chickens are enemies trying to burn the steak.

I've added a small in game tutorial since release on gameplay mechanics (available for download now) - saving a steak fills a blue tile of the 3x3 square in the top right of the screen, chickens burning a steak fills a red tile. A level is over when the square is filled. If you save more steaks than they burn (5+), you move on to the next level.

Toque

Thanks for playing. They are exactly frozen steaks lol. Fire chickens are enemies trying to burn the steak.

I've added a small in game tutorial since release on gameplay mechanics (available for download now) - saving a steak fills a blue tile of the 3x3 square in the top right of the screen, chickens burning a steak fills a red tile. A level is over when the square is filled. If you save more steaks than they burn (5+), you move on to the next level.
cool.