• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Freestyle Fridays | A Twitch-chat, interactive game

E

EckyYakov

Hello Game Maker friends!

Tis' I, Ecky. This is my second project on the work in progress board. But this one is much smaller scope.
I am proud to present to you:

FREESTYLE FRIDAYS
Freestyle Fridays are a weekly Twitch.tv stream where the streamers freestyle rap to random generated topics and chat suggested topics over freestyle hip-hop rap instrumentals from YouTube.

But wait... Uh... How is that a game?

Oh, I'm glad I asked; Let me tell you. Viewers of the stream can join the game environment with a simple chat command (!join), and are the pivotal part in determining the winner. After joining, the viewers now have their own avatar in the audience that can !cheer and !jeer each of the rappers on stage. Every !cheer gives points, and every jeer takes points away. Rapper with the most points at the end of the game wins!

If the rapping isn't entertaining enough, you can also entertain yourself by !throw ing objects at the rappers on stage, and customize your avatar to stand out from the.....crowd. !change_color will change the color and we will be adding new styles in the very near future!

The game is in a late alpha, early beta state, limited features, but fully functional. I've been working on it for about 10 days.
We play/stream every Friday night at around 9pm Mountain Daylight Time and would love to have you there!

Here have some screenshots!

Planned work:

• Smooth out the topic generator
  • Add in female avatars
  • Add in more styles of pants, shirts, hair, and hats.
  • Add fighting feature to fight with other audience members
  • Add score reduction to !throw commands
  • Add command to add topic suggested to topic generator queue.
  • Add smite feature to allow rappers to interact with audience
  • Add in swag cannon to launch unlockables to the audience randomly

Please come by, play, and give feedback. Really excited about this project. I am looking mostly for feedback on what you think would be fun to do while listening to our terrible, vulgar, off-key rapping.