Free Free Will Simulator - a short choose your own adventure game based around the concept of free will.

eimie

This game is an interesting and smart approach to dealing with such a serious and difficult-to-understand topic for many people, I think.

Really nice work! 👍

N

Nathan Archer

This game is an interesting and smart approach to dealing with such a serious and difficult-to-understand topic for many people, I think.

Really nice work! 👍
Glad you liked it! Did you make it to the end? Did the style become repetitive after a while or did it keep your attention? I have 8 other stories planned I'm not sure if that's too much or worth pursuing.

Amon

If anything, this game shows that free will is an illusion as the choices you can make are controlled elsewhere by the creator of the app. :D

N

Nathan Archer

If anything, this game shows that free will is an illusion as the choices you can make are controlled elsewhere by the creator of the app. :D
That's kind of the point that it's meant to demonstrate, that free will is severely limited or does not exist at all ;)

eimie

Glad you liked it! Did you make it to the end? Did the style become repetitive after a while or did it keep your attention? I have 8 other stories planned I'm not sure if that's too much or worth pursuing.
Yes. In fact, the "difficult-to-understand topic for many people" referred especially to the last scenario of the game. I understood the previous scenarios as a kind of prologue.

To answer your second question: the game kept my attention. But yes, if the my interpretation is right and the previous scenarios are indeed a kind of prologue, you could actually shorten them for future projects. But I like this game as it is :)

N

Nathan Archer

Yes. In fact, the "difficult-to-understand topic for many people" referred especially to the last scenario of the game. I understood the previous scenarios as a kind of prologue.

To answer your second question: the game kept my attention. But yes, if the my interpretation is right and the previous scenarios are indeed a kind of prologue, you could actually shorten them for future projects. But I like this game as it is :)
They are meant as a prologue, though each one was supposed to have a meaning behind it- that your decisions are highly influenced by things beyond your control. If that meaning isn't getting across to most players and it's not necessary for the latter part it may not be necessary to keep them in the game.

That's kind of the point that it's meant to demonstrate, that free will is severely limited or does not exist at all ;)
Does the lack of free will not imply determinism. Quantum mechanics is not deterministic by its nature. Sorry I had to bring that up. Nice little text adventure though.

N

Nathan Archer

Does the lack of free will not imply determinism. Quantum mechanics is not deterministic by its nature. Sorry I had to bring that up. Nice little text adventure though.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean

I

iSolo

I really really liked this game! Inspired me to create something similar.
I loved how you make the right answer display with bigger letters after several attempts.
It doesn't ruin the experience as you already tried the other options so this sort of just guides you so you don't end up in an infinite loop of wrong choices haha.