• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Shaders [FREE] Hue Shader

MusNik

Download: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/2482/hue-shader
Itch.io: https://musnik.itch.io/hue-shader

GMS1 version is outdated. As I can't upload new GMS1 packages to marketplace you can find it on itch.io.

See also: Saturation, Brightness

It can be applied fullscreen without application surface, which can give significant performance boost on mobile devices. But you always can use it on surface too.

Hue Shader
can be used on a specified sprite or background, or on fullscreen. It uses color remapping for working and doesn't change the alpha channel, so it can be used even without surfaces with special system. You should specify from what depth to start to use shader and on what to finish - on the GUI layer for example, or use shader only on sky, etc.

Demo: Download

With this shader you can:
  • Change colour properties within time.
  • Use the shader on a sprite, backgroun or surface.
  • Don't use surface and apply shader on any graphic with a specific depth.
  • Do all of it fast and beautiful.
  • Get perfect work on all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, HTML5 and other.
  • Get technical support if purchase.
You need intermediate knowledge of GML to use.

Please write a review if you like the asset and tell me your suggestions for improvement.
If you found an error in my code or my English, please contact me ;)

Last edited:

RyanC

Hi I was wondering why this shader does not work properly anymore since upgrading to GMS 1.4.1757 (the latest stable version) ?

All the colors are dull and over saturated, there is never a blue shade either? Must be something to do with the latest update of GMS, will you be fixing this and updating the asset any time soon?