Team Request Free GML coder/animator looking to help with your project.

A

aiat_gamer

Hi!
I have been doing coding in GML for about a year now, and I am working on my own project and animating for two other projects. I thought I would lend my hand to anyone that needs help for free!
Some things I need to point out, starting with what I CAN do:
  • I can do plat formers, with the works (moving platforms, slopes, double jump, wall slide and wall jump and all that jazz).
  • I can do top down, but I am not that pro at it yet, hopefully I can gain some experience while working with you!
  • I can do basic lighting.
  • I can do general networking in GML.
  • Animating using Spine software and implementing the animation in GMS.
  • Coding using both GMS 2.0 and GMS 1.4 ( I have the pro version of both).
  • I can do pixel art and animation now!
What I CANT do :
  • Shaders...I can however implement ready made shaders into the project and maybe tweak them a bit.
  • 3D stuff with GML.
  • Anything involving physics.
Here are some general points, since I got some weird requests:
  • Please have a design document, or at least a general plan of what you want. Don`t just come in with a vague idea of a game.
  • If you want to work on a complete project, please have a small initial goal in mind like a demo level. If it works we can continue with the project.
Here are some gifs of a quick demo level I put together (using GMS 2.0). Apart from having the usual platformer stuff, what I did was made a state based system for melee attack which I think is pretty robust. It can be updated to include combos with different timing/button presses to go into the next move(think Devil May Cry style). It also has the slight delay when getting hit or landing an attack, something I am very proud of (think Street Fighter). Another thing I would like to point out is how animations smoothly translate to each other (well, as smooth as the art allowed me anyways :D).

*just a quick note, the export frame is set at 15 to keep the GIF size small.

(The above art is not by me by the way, but I have permission to use it).
Here is the exe for this demo if you want to test:

https://www.mediafire.com/?675e4u87aft5t8m

And finally these are some samples of my animating work:
http://aiatgamer.deviantart.com/

So, if you want someone to code something for you, or need a helper give me a shout out. I would love to help and learn something at the same time.
Please send a private message, I do not check the forums daily and might miss your post here.

Update: Thanks for everyone for the pms, I am now working with a project for the time being. So until further notice I am not free.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fromhelll

HI, still looking for something to do?

I'm working on a somewhat simple hide and seek game, for now i just want to make it functional, as far as controls, game mechanics, stage selection, etc, and work on the polishing, better sprites later.

Message me if you're interested.

A

aiat_gamer

Answered you both, sorry for the delay. I thought I would get a notification when someone posted on my topic, but I did not!

K

Khanon

Hi, if you have some times, i need some help on my aastar pathfinding code.
It is an old file, so i'm kinda lost between node, parent, child, etc.
Thanks.

A

aiat_gamer

I updated the original post with a sample of a quick demo I put together. I am having problems exporting the exe, but as soon as I figure it out I will include the demo file as well.

NIIKOLO

I need you for this:
rips.online

It's going to be a MMO rpg bong game.
Interested?

I need help with sprites, animations, and networking.
Right now local networking is running, I need to put it online though..

A

aiat_gamer

Here is a quick sample I threw together using animations from spine showing off a deeper combo system:

• A basic combo, pushing the attack button three times fast:

• A second combo, accessed by pressing the attack button with a slight delay during the second attack:

• Finally a simple (but rough looking :D) air attack:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aiat_gamer

I added the exe for the demo to the first post if you are interested to see it in action.

A

aiat_gamer

So bump!
I am available again for anyone who might need help with their project. Please remember to send me a pm and do not post here since I do not check the forums that often. Hope to hear from you soon!

A

aiat_gamer

Thanks for everyone for the pms, I am now working with a project for the time being. So until further notice I am not free.

S

SpongeBound104

When you become free again I have a project for you,
I’m currently making a 2D Platform Fighting Fan Game and need a GameMaker Programmer.

R

RobyOneKenoby

We are working on a point and click adventure style , if you are interested please PM for more info thankks