Steam Free game - Card Storm Idle

algol1011

Hi! I invite you to evaluate my first free game on Steam. It was an early access release, and for some reason I assumed that people would realize that the game wasn't quite ready yet. That was a big mistake!!! A release is a release, and bugs entail negative feedback. And now the bugs are fixed, but the reviews remain šŸ‘€. I realized that I should not have hoped for leniency and had to prepare the game in full, even if only for another year :rolleyes:.
About the game - some aliens to take over the planet are trying to look like cute creatures, which they are not very good at.)) We click on them, accumulate resources to unlock cards and collect the right decks for different game modes. You can go through in active mode, and you can go through in idle mode. As is typical of most idle, once we reach difficulty, we reload and gain new skills that boost our resources and damage.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1734280/Card_Storm_Idle/

27.png

algol1011

And now I really need your opinion as experts! Do you think it's possible to get the project out of the negative reviews? Will Steam show it? Is it worth spending time and effort to develop it or is it useless in this format?

AGMDaniel

Well, on the positive side, it's cool that you can create a GameMaker game and post it onto Steam. You have given me hope that anything is possible!

As to your game itself:
1) I'm pretty sure Legionnaire isn't spelled the way you think it is. There are numerous other spelling errors, but this is on your first 3-gem card on the left so everyone will see it always.
2) Since most of the magic-DPS goes left to right, then the boss should be on the right end, not in the middle.
3) Similarly since the audience is mostly American, the order of the relics needs to be swapped: I clicked on the left-most one several times before realizing I had to click on the right-most one.
4) There needs to be a basic manual; I have no idea what the 'key' does.
5) Your reviews are accurate. Just treat them like the honest feedback that they are. If Cyberpunk 77 can bounce back from negative reviews, so can you.

algol1011

Well, on the positive side, it's cool that you can create a GameMaker game and post it onto Steam. You have given me hope that anything is possible!

As to your game itself:
1) I'm pretty sure Legionnaire isn't spelled the way you think it is. There are numerous other spelling errors, but this is on your first 3-gem card on the left so everyone will see it always.
2) Since most of the magic-DPS goes left to right, then the boss should be on the right end, not in the middle.
3) Similarly since the audience is mostly American, the order of the relics needs to be swapped: I clicked on the left-most one several times before realizing I had to click on the right-most one.
4) There needs to be a basic manual; I have no idea what the 'key' does.
5) Your reviews are accurate. Just treat them like the honest feedback that they are. If Cyberpunk 77 can bounce back from negative reviews, so can you.
Thank you so much!
I understand that the reviews are honest)), but after all, the negative ones are more motivated, the positive ones don't feel like writing as often))
So I doubt that I will get out of them))) But I will try, try to try)))