Create a framework project on GM2 that have some useful functions, GUI elements (buttons, panels, containers), basic Options menu, start Ini files that houses preferences, the basic setup for music, sound and particles.
Ok, I will have to do something like that for me, so I plan to make a humble pack with what I deem basic functions and put it on the marketplace. I do not plan to profit on that, but help people with basic things that I find frustrating that GM don't have.
If you want to help, I would like to kindly ask you to:
- Ask for features (yes! what do you think is important and basic?);
- Help me keep functions and nomenclature inline with what is to be expected;
- How I could well document it;
- Give proper credit if need be;
- General advice;
This list is a work in progress. It could be improved, some features could pop in or out.
Live Backlog and Dev Diary.
- chance( percentage ): returns true or false depending on a random chance
- wave( from, to, duration, offset ): returns a value back and forth in a duration based on time
- jump_to(distance, direction): teleports an instance to a x, y
- alert( str, real ): a quick and short debug message
- split(string, delimiter): return an array of string based on a delimiter
- nine_slices( sprite, x, y, width, height): creates a tiled image, good for buttons and panels
- screen_shake: a basic screen shake that moves the camera by x, y and angle for a time
- draw_text_outline: draw a text with a border
- draw_set_font_ext( font, colour, halign, valign, alpha ): a short version of a paragraph that I use to write everytime I have to draw some text
- Content panel: that scrolls for objects and texts
- Modals: a box that pops out that freezes the game, show a text and ask a question
- Basic options menu
- Preferences (save ini)
- Sound system setup
Some of these features I already made myself and use them quite often, but in GM1.4. Share your thoughts! =]