• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Frame drops on Testing in general?

T

TheClassical

After several weeks of not working on it, I tried returning to my project. I tried adding something, and now the fps slows to around 30, and never went higher than 33. (60 is the intended fps.) at all times. Last time i remember opening the project, it ran perfectly. I didn't add much to it at all.
After I tried removing what I added, it still did not run at the FPS it used to. Now after running something else, it runs terribly as well, even without adding anything at all. The last time i ran that project, there were zero frame drops. It entirely seems related to gamemaker itself. I'm not sure why this happens, as my cpu, disc, or memory hits 100% or gets anywhere close. When testing any project, game maker started to run very badly. I've tried reverting my GMS version, but nothing seems to be able to fix it. does anyone know what's going on?

GameMaker version?

If it is version 1.4.9999, I'd be looking more at computer related issues if it worked as intended a few weeks ago. GameMaker 1.4.9999 has not changed or been updated since like April of 2018 I believe. Just my thoughts, not a clear answer to your issue I know.

TheouAegis

A drop from 60 to 30 sounds like vertical synchronization, which is optional inside GM, but also optional on a lot of graphics cards. Check your graphics card's settings for that.

Windows 10 recently made a couple updates and I haven't run any projects since then, but it's always possible Microsoft broke something. lol