Graphics Frame by Frame Animation in Spine.

L

Lithalean

Ok, so I'm basically building my entire game around Spine.
At a minimum 10 - 15 environmental spine animations will be used per map.
Thats Not counting the player, enemies, or NPCs.
My game will feature 3 types of animations.
1.) Full Spine (bones, etc)
2.) Full Frame by Frame (implemented through spine)
3.) A combination of the two.

Here is an example of #2. (A Waterfall)
sprAnimationWaterfall.gif

My question/s... more for the Devs (YoYo).
Q: If a game shows promise, and is being built completely around spine (uses 20 animations per map), then would YOYO add support for a more current version of spine, as well as full shear support?

Q: #2 I haven't bought the iOS module yet (Soon), but I was curious if any issues exist with spine and iOS?

Thank You for your time.
Lithalean

rIKmAN

Ok, so I'm basically building my entire game around Spine.
At a minimum 10 - 15 environmental spine animations will be used per map.
Thats Not counting the player, enemies, or NPCs.
My game will feature 3 types of animations.
1.) Full Spine (bones, etc)
2.) Full Frame by Frame (implemented through spine)
3.) A combination of the two.

Here is an example of #2. (A Waterfall)
View attachment 20327

My question/s... more for the Devs (YoYo).
Q: If a game shows promise, and is being built completely around spine (uses 20 animations per map), then would YOYO add support for a more current version of spine, as well as full shear support?

Q: #2 I haven't bought the iOS module yet (Soon), but I was curious if any issues exist with spine and iOS?

Thank You for your time.
Lithalean
I'm not a YYG dev, but have been quite vocal in the many threads on here in the last couple of years about the state of Spine support and when it will be updated and / or expanded to include more functionality from the official runtimes.

Sadly they didn't really get anywhere, and it has been low priority for a while (the current supported version is 2yrs old) but there is now a "Spine Update" listed on the GMS2 Roadmap and although there is no date for the update - it is definitely progress.

Hopefully it will add some more GML functions and expose more of the Spine API as well as updating the supported runtimes, but there are no other details on what "Spine Update" means so it could just be a runtime update with the current limitations still in place (but hopefully not).

I didn't encounter any iOS specific issues with Spine myself but I haven't tested on a device for quite a while so that's not to say none exist.
It would be more likely that there are general Spine bugs that would affect all targets (including iOS), but you can see all the Spine related bugs currently listed on the Bug Tracker yourself by typing "Spine" into the filter.