• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED FPS Problems

YoSniper

Hello all,

I am having an issue with a game I am developing regarding frame rate.

This seems to be a recent development, so I'm wondering if it's a software issue.

I am making a game, and I'm setting the room_speed to 60 in every single room. However, when I test the game, the fps never seems to get above 45 except for a spike here and there.

There is ample memory available on my machine, I have not found any viruses, and there aren't more than a few dozen objects present at any given time.

Can somebody explain how I might be able to fix this? I have attached a sample image depicting my debug text that I print for my own purposes. The number in parentheses is the value of fps_real.

[EDIT] I found an old topic about the same matter, and after increasing my sleep margin to 10ms, the game runs fast like it should.

Attachments

Last edited: