Asset - Project 🦊 Foxey Platform Engine (Complete 2D Platformer Project) ⭕ v1.3.1

xNYARLx

Suggestions...
-Make enemy: Fish... swimming and change direction (only left right and another in all direction meybe?), accelerates towards the player when see him. I make shark is nice when we have deep water :)
-Boss u can make Big Toad which spits out frogs witch animations and slimes fall from her back with animation. We can step on it/shoot 10 times meybe...
-Melee, walking enemy.
-Jumping Toad/frog witch melee tongue.
-Walking NPC witch speak witch player option (like SIGNS). Normal speak (monologue).
-In Menu make switchable option to on/off TUTORIAL level. When we want make tutorial, and finish him, game takes us to level one with all the points / coins earned. When we dont want play in tutorial we OFF him in options and we start from level one. :)
-Make Game over screen.
-Make Complete/finish game Screen.
-Meybe you add 2 players on one screen or split-scren (vertical/horizontal) play (local co-op)?
-Make Online Multiplayer.
-Highscore Table (u know this, i told u on Ich.io).
-The system of conversation with the NPC with a choice of answers and, for example, the reaction of some NPC, such as will give you bullets or a heart, or he will be offended at you.
-Shop option in game. For gathered coins we can buy live, energy, bullets.
-Boats - i told u in another post about 3 types of boats.
-Mounts, we can ridding like Mario on Yoshi. We can attack or not. Or only be faster on mount.
-Destructible floor when we stand on it with a short delay.
-Destructible floor when we stand on it without a short delay how it trap.
-Hidden places / rooms / chambers. When we walk through a wall that is not SOLID, a chamber is revealed, a place with treasures, when we go back out, the tiles become not transparent. We can enter there many times.
-Additional rooms, e.g. I enter the cave, collect coins and go to the same level where I entered the cave and continue playing. What I collected in it is remembered and not respawned. Enemies dont respawn when i kill after.
-Treasure chests. We open and spend the coins we collect. There may also be an option that we need to find a key to open them.
-Dependencies, I need to find an item to pick up the flag and move to the next level or i must kill 7 example orks, or kill 5 monsters no matter what, or gather 32 coins.
-When we jump on enemies coins can fall out of them, which are automatically collected (attracted by a magnet) or you have to collect them yourself.
-Wagons running on rails, which you can board (mount).
-Two lights system, like main and like your what u talking about him.
-Falling Leaves, Rain, Snow.
-Quicksand in the desert. It can just slow us down or kill us when it pulls us in.
-Bonus levels witch coins collected on time. How much we manage to collect, we get at a certain time.
-Levels with a specific time to complete.
-Walking / running ... jumping higher when running.
-Short demo after loading and before menu the introductory to game (preferably avi format or/and gif).
-Music player to change music. Which are already in the game or your own in MP3 format.
-ENOUGH I GO SLEEP xD Tomorrow i have new-fresh ideas.

Of course, all these options are easy to turn off according to the needs and equipment for which we are making the game.

Do you know why he also suggests quite simple things? For beginners, you will encourage them more to buy an engine.
For example, I was encouraged by the fact that you have a lot of options there. I know that I'm a bit wise, but as you can see it's getting better and better with most things, I managed on my own or you guided me to the target :)

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Suggestions...
-Make enemy: Fish... swimming and change direction (only left right and another in all direction meybe?), accelerates towards the player when see him. I make shark is nice when we have deep water :)
-Boss u can make Big Toad which spits out frogs witch animations and slimes fall from her back with animation. We can step on it/shoot 10 times meybe...
-Melee, walking enemy.
-Jumping Toad/frog witch melee tongue.
-Walking NPC witch speak witch player option (like SIGNS). Normal speak (monologue).
-In Menu make switchable option to on/off TUTORIAL level. When we want make tutorial, and finish him, game takes us to level one with all the points / coins earned. When we dont want play in tutorial we OFF him in options and we start from level one. :)
-Make Game over screen.
-Make Complete/finish game Screen.
-Meybe you add 2 players on one screen or split-scren (vertical/horizontal) play (local co-op)?
-Make Online Multiplayer.
-Highscore Table (u know this, i told u on Ich.io).
-The system of conversation with the NPC with a choice of answers and, for example, the reaction of some NPC, such as will give you bullets or a heart, or he will be offended at you.
-Shop option in game. For gathered coins we can buy live, energy, bullets.
-Boats - i told u in another post about 3 types of boats.
-Mounts, we can ridding like Mario on Yoshi. We can attack or not. Or only be faster on mount.
-Destructible floor when we stand on it with a short delay.
-Destructible floor when we stand on it without a short delay how it trap.
-Hidden places / rooms / chambers. When we walk through a wall that is not SOLID, a chamber is revealed, a place with treasures, when we go back out, the tiles become not transparent. We can enter there many times.
-Additional rooms, e.g. I enter the cave, collect coins and go to the same level where I entered the cave and continue playing. What I collected in it is remembered and not respawned. Enemies dont respawn when i kill after.
-Treasure chests. We open and spend the coins we collect. There may also be an option that we need to find a key to open them.
-Dependencies, I need to find an item to pick up the flag and move to the next level or i must kill 7 example orks, or kill 5 monsters no matter what, or gather 32 coins.
-When we jump on enemies coins can fall out of them, which are automatically collected (attracted by a magnet) or you have to collect them yourself.
-Wagons running on rails, which you can board (mount).
-Two lights system, like main and like your what u talking about him.
-Falling Leaves, Rain, Snow.
-Quicksand in the desert. It can just slow us down or kill us when it pulls us in.
-Bonus levels witch coins collected on time. How much we manage to collect, we get at a certain time.
-Levels with a specific time to complete.
-Walking / running ... jumping higher when running.
-Short demo after loading and before menu the introductory to game (preferably avi format or/and gif).
-Music player to change music. Which are already in the game or your own in MP3 format.
-ENOUGH I GO SLEEP xD Tomorrow i have new-fresh ideas.

Of course, all these options are easy to turn off according to the needs and equipment for which we are making the game.

Do you know why he also suggests quite simple things? For beginners, you will encourage them more to buy an engine.
For example, I was encouraged by the fact that you have a lot of options there. I know that I'm a bit wise, but as you can see it's getting better and better with most things, I managed on my own or you guided me to the target :)
Wow! Thanks for the suggestions!

Based on what you said, these are the possible things to do (roadmap, can be found in the first post):

Edit:
Roadmap moved to the home page.

These things will never be implemented by me:
- In Menu make switchable option to on/off TUTORIAL level
- Meybe you add 2 players on one screen or split-scren (vertical/horizontal) play (local co-op)?
- Make Online Multiplayer.
- Mounts, we can ridding like Mario on Yoshi. We can attack or not. Or only be faster on mount. (This will be possible now.)
- Destructible floor when we stand on it with a short delay.
- Destructible floor when we stand on it without a short delay how it trap.
- Dependencies, I need to find an item to pick up the flag and move to the next level or i must kill 7 example orks, or kill 5 monsters no matter what, or
- Wagons running on rails, which you can board (mount).
- Music player to change music. Which are already in the game or your own in MP3 format.
This has already been added in version 1.3:
- Walking / running... jumping higher when running.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hi Foxy,
your engine is awesome!
please add checkpoints and melee attack (near enemy attack like sword melee)
Thanks
Thanks! These things are already on the Roadmap to be included in the future, thanks for the suggestion!
The Roadmap can be found on the first page of this topic. 🙂

nasty

Thanks! These things are already on the Roadmap to be included in the future, thanks for the suggestion!
The Roadmap can be found on the first page of this topic. 🙂
yes Foxy, i read it before writing!
But I would like them as soon as possible! :)
Besides the fact that, at least the checkpoints, I think they are important to complete your fantastic engine (which I have already purchased for this).

gkri

I downloaded the android demo. I was expecting a touch virtual controller but it does not seem to be implemented. Then I connected a natec keyboard for tablets and while various keys are showing some debugging info, the arrow keys or the wsad keys are not working, thus, the demo is not playable. This project only supports physical gamepads on android, or did I do something wrong?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
yes Foxy, i read it before writing!
But I would like them as soon as possible! :)
Besides the fact that, at least the checkpoints, I think they are important to complete your fantastic engine (which I have already purchased for this).
I'll try, because I'm currently working paid with schedule, so I'm running out of time, but I promise that these things will be available in the next update! 😁

I downloaded the android demo. I was expecting a touch virtual controller but it does not seem to be implemented. Then I connected a natec keyboard for tablets and while various keys are showing some debugging info, the arrow keys or the wsad keys are not working, thus, the demo is not playable. This project only supports physical gamepads on android, or did I do something wrong?
Hi @gkri !
This is expected, no virtual buttons on the screen have been implemented yet. This is something that will be done in an update. 🙂

Basically I made this demo in .apk to show that it works on Android/Mobile. My gamepad works on my phone connected to an OTG cable. I tested the keyboard and it really has problems, but I think it's about how the GMS 2 handles these functions... You need to use Caps Lock enabled to test, I think, try.

This project only supports physical gamepads on android, or did I do something wrong?
Currently, yes.

Last edited:

gkri

Hi @gkri !
This is expected, no virtual buttons on the screen have been implemented yet. This is something that will be done in an update. 🙂

Basically I made this demo in .apk to show that it works on Android/Mobile. My gamepad works on my phone connected to an OTG cable. I tested the keyboard and it really has problems, but I think it's about how the GMS 2 handles these functions... You need to use Caps Lock enabled to test, I think, try.
Sadly, it does not work even with the caps lock enabled... I am convinced that the arrow keys (dpad keys) have many issues in android export (that's why I have a very early alpha WIP extension about it, but this is for another topic)...

Thank you for your fast reply! Looking forward to buy it, when it will be android ready, or might buy it sooner, cause I just got the html5 module...

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Sadly, it does not work even with the caps lock enabled... I am convinced that the arrow keys (dpad keys) have many issues in android export (that's why I have a very early alpha WIP extension about it, but this is for another topic)...

Thank you for your fast reply! Looking forward to buy it, when it will be android ready, or might buy it sooner, cause I just got the html5 module...
Got it, I'll put this as a priority (add virtual buttons on the screen for android). 🙂
Also tell me: To move the player, do you think a lever or 4 buttons is better? 🤔

Thanks!

gkri

Got it, I'll put this as a priority (add virtual buttons on the screen for android). 🙂
Also tell me: To move the player, do you think a lever or 4 buttons is better? 🤔

Thanks!
I think is purely personal preference... I have played with both and my personal preference is lever. I recently tried a game posted here which has 4 buttons and I found it unplayable... But it might be just me, I did not see any complains...

Zhanghua

Because the obj_game_controller cannot be persistent, reasons: Reset some necessary variables at each level and the Music Player. In addition to that it always loads some important things that must always be done at the beginning of the level.
The problem with the obj_sign is that it uses the obj_game_controller ds_list, so I put a warning in the "Readme": The obj_game_controller must be the first object to be created in the room.
GMS 2 has a bug with the instance order, which is as follows: Even if you change the creation order of the instances in the room, this does not work, so you should try to delete the layer from the obj_sign's and create another one, then add them when the obj_game_controller already exists in the room.
You can simply duplicate the engine's level 2, it is already configured, you only have to delete the tiles and the few objects you have, it is something to be corrected in a next update, but unfortunately I am limited to some Game Maker Studio 2 problems/bugs itself.

(fixed now).

Hey, you don't need to create the camera at every level, obj_game_controller already does that, basically it is the only object that needs to be placed in the room.

I will also add support for joypads/gamepads. (added now)

On what occasion does this occur? What variable does it show in the error? (I fixed it now).

This is an infinite while loop problem... It's been a while since I've tried a solution to fix this. :bash:
(SOLVED! everything will be released in the next update! 😁 )

Thanks!
Hi fox, do we have the task or inventory stuff?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
yes.
The task system and inventory system.
There's no inventory yet, and I also don't plan to include in this asset (and I also don't know how that would add to the game's gameplay, because not all platform games have inventory, just more RPG games, maybe Castlevania or things like, yes), maybe I'll think about that later. What would be the task system? Missions? What would these missions look like?

Zhanghua

There's no inventory yet, and I also don't plan to include in this asset (and I also don't know how that would add to the game's gameplay, because not all platform games have inventory, just more RPG games, maybe Castlevania or things like, yes), maybe I'll think about that later. What would be the task system? Missions? What would these missions look like?
yes. mission....system. sorry for my illiteracy.
Mission system depends on the inventory system..

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
yes. mission....system. sorry for my illiteracy.
Mission system depends on the inventory system..
Got it. No need to apologize, no problem. 🙂
With regard to missions, I think this is specific to each game, and this is something that can be done with "if else", so it's not worth making available to everyone who buys. What I can do is, for example, collect items, like, keys to open doors, diamonds, achievements.. These things.

Hey Foxy, been a few months since I last popped by, incredible work you're doing! I hadn't had much time to continue developing my game, but I'm keeping up to date with your engine.

I saw up there that you said you were not going to implement these features:

Any specific reason why, like lack of animations?

I think you could do something like Super Mario's falling platforms, whenever there's contact between the player and the object, the platform starts and alarm of a 1-2 seconds (or none if you're going for insta-fall platform) and then you put gravity on the platform object so it falls.

Anyway, just something I thought...
Keep up the awesome work

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I saw up there that you said you were not going to implement these features:

Any specific reason why, like lack of animations?
It’s because I thought he’s referring to the terrain actually destroying himself, isn’t it? Or are they platforms that fall when the player is on top? Maybe I got it wrong... 🤔

I think you could do something like Super Mario's falling platforms, whenever there's contact between the player and the object, the platform starts and alarm of a 1-2 seconds (or none if you're going for insta-fall platform) and then you put gravity on the platform object so it falls.
Ohh, so is that it? Of course I can add. 🙂 I did not know. 😅
But I already have it added to the Roadmap:
Falling blocks / platforms (after standing on them)

H

hellofromabove

Hello! Love the engine in general and I've found it easy enough to navigate.

I've rigged up a input combo system of sorts and have managed to spawn a projectile after the combo is input correctly, however, I am attempting to have the player object animate as the projectile fires after the input commands have been correctly inserted.

Currently a player can hit F, G, or H and it spawns a little obj of a japanese sign over the player objects head.
After the correct input is verified it will shoot the projectile however the player object does not animate.

I created a new state in order to achieve this but it cuts the animation short because the input becomes 0 and it defaults to idle. Is there a way to allow an animation in a state to finish before defaulting to state_idle?

I hope I've phrased that in a way that's understandable.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hello! Love the engine in general and I've found it easy enough to navigate.

I've rigged up a input combo system of sorts and have managed to spawn a projectile after the combo is input correctly, however, I am attempting to have the player object animate as the projectile fires after the input commands have been correctly inserted.

Currently a player can hit F, G, or H and it spawns a little obj of a japanese sign over the player objects head.
After the correct input is verified it will shoot the projectile however the player object does not animate.

I created a new state in order to achieve this but it cuts the animation short because the input becomes 0 and it defaults to idle. Is there a way to allow an animation in a state to finish before defaulting to state_idle?

I hope I've phrased that in a way that's understandable.
You do not need to create a state to do this. Are you using the "shooter" state ?, just do this:
1 - Go to the player's End Step
2 - find case player_skill.shooter
3 - You will now modify the sprite when you detect that you are shooting, you will do this as needed, for example, if you want to change the sprite while "idle" state, do this in case player_state.idle:.
4 - Use the skill_shooter_gun_fire variable to detect that you are shooting. Realize that this variable will be on and off quickly, if you want a constant, create a new variable and enable it in the same place that this variable is enabled.

Put something like "shooting = true" (it could be a name you want) below that line.

Put that in the else of the input:

Thanks!

H

hellofromabove

Hello! I really appreciate the quick reply! Baring in mind we've only been using Game Maker for about 2 weeks this is daunting to say the least.

My friend who is coding with me found a work around of sorts to escape the state without going into idle again through lack of input by using an image_index check and image_number though we're both fairly new to coding so I'm worried it's not as optimized as it could be. Though I can see how a variable could achieve that as well.

However,
I've moved onto a new issue / project I'm attempting to tackle. I've successfully modified the controls so that a gamepad controller controls a duplicate of "obj_player" named obj_player2 and the keyboard controls the initial one. I've even managed to have the GUI draw the 2nd player's information using essentially duplicate global variables in the top right of the screen and created a way to have the 2nd player able to respawn without restarting the level. I have split screen working horizontally and vertically as well though that's where the issue comes in.

I only have it working in "room_level_2" when I am not in a level with "obj_water" though as it seems a lot of the drawing of these objects properties are tied to the camera width and height and a duplicate instance of it makes the cameras quite confused. I'm going to make a video recording of what I've successfully accomplished.. I'd love to send some of my code over to you for a review as I'm sure it is the least optimized but I realize that's likely not the purpose of this thread. Currently I'm trying to have these objects function without relying on the obj_par_camera. I guess I need an explanation as how the camera is working in relation to the other instances in the rooms.

Any help is appreciated ! I will post a video or DM it to you shortly.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hello! I really appreciate the quick reply! Baring in mind we've only been using Game Maker for about 2 weeks this is daunting to say the least.

My friend who is coding with me found a work around of sorts to escape the state without going into idle again through lack of input by using an image_index check and image_number though we're both fairly new to coding so I'm worried it's not as optimized as it could be. Though I can see how a variable could achieve that as well.

However,
I've moved onto a new issue / project I'm attempting to tackle. I've successfully modified the controls so that a gamepad controller controls a duplicate of "obj_player" named obj_player2 and the keyboard controls the initial one. I've even managed to have the GUI draw the 2nd player's information using essentially duplicate global variables in the top right of the screen and created a way to have the 2nd player able to respawn without restarting the level. I have split screen working horizontally and vertically as well though that's where the issue comes in.

I only have it working in "room_level_2" when I am not in a level with "obj_water" though as it seems a lot of the drawing of these objects properties are tied to the camera width and height and a duplicate instance of it makes the cameras quite confused. I'm going to make a video recording of what I've successfully accomplished.. I'd love to send some of my code over to you for a review as I'm sure it is the least optimized but I realize that's likely not the purpose of this thread. Currently I'm trying to have these objects function without relying on the obj_par_camera. I guess I need an explanation as how the camera is working in relation to the other instances in the rooms.

Any help is appreciated ! I will post a video or DM it to you shortly.
Do you want to use 2 players on the engine?
So there are some things to consider, you must decide whether to use a camera for both players, or one for each. Obj_par_camera is just the relative of the camera, so if you use more cameras in the game, the actual camera being used is obj_camera.
You will also have to modify some things like enemies and collisions.

You can use this too:
GML:
camX = mean(obj_player1.x, obj_player2.x, obj_player3.x);
camY = mean(obj_player1.y, obj_player2.y, obj_player3.y);

Last edited:
T

tommyleug1991

Hello FoxyOfJungle, you did great work.

but Any step by step tutorial or each feature divide into several parts .yyp file??
I am sorry about that when I open the file, I don't know how to start it to custom it......

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hello FoxyOfJungle, you did great work.

but Any step by step tutorial or each feature divide into several parts .yyp file??
I am sorry about that when I open the file, I don't know how to start it to custom it......
.yyp is the Game Maker Studio 2 project file. You just need to click File > Open Project

Just open the objects/sprites and start modifying. :)

Thank you!

---------------------------------------

Update:

⚠ Attention:
I have a contract and working on a real job, so I have little time to work on the project, but whenever possible, I will! However, any questions, send an email. Thank you for understanding.

Attention: The next update will bring several modifications and improvements in the engine.

Last edited:

xNYARLx

Whats hapen Foxy?
Foxy i have question. Is there a simple way to set jumps so that you always have 2 jumps?
It means that when you fall you also have 2 jumps, because normally you can't jump when you falling. When I bounce off the wall, I have one jump. If I jump on it and when something does not come out, I lose it, but if I touch the wall, the jumps should renew.

GML:
// COLLISION WITH PLAYER
var _collision = instance_place(x, y, obj_player);
if !(_collision == noone)
{
    with (_collision)
    {
        // if you jump on top, kill, on other sides die.
        if (_collision.vsp > 0)
        {
            if jump_count = 0
            {
            jump_count += 4;
            }
            if jump_count = 1
            {
            jump_count += 3;
            }
            _collision.player_can_bounce = true;
            _collision.vsp = -4;
            with (other)
            {
                event_user(0);
            }
        }
        else
        {
            // damage player
            player_damage(_collision,1);
        }
    }
}
but when i bounce from A enemy, jump, and bounce from B enemy still dont have 2 jumps in another case with one enmy work good

Second problem:
W hen i use :
// You can just replace the camera functions with the view size numbers if you'd like, or whatever fits your system
//surface_resize( application_surface, camera_get_view_width( view_camera[0] ), camera_get_view_height( view_camera[0] ) );
//or
//surface_resize(application_surface, view_wport[0], view_hport[0]);
//or
//surface_resize(application_surface,1280,720);

to raise resolution, water is broken

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Whats hapen Foxy?
Foxy i have question. Is there a simple way to set jumps so that you always have 2 jumps?
It means that when you fall you also have 2 jumps, because normally you can't jump when you falling. When I bounce off the wall, I have one jump. If I jump on it and when something does not come out, I lose it, but if I touch the wall, the jumps should renew.

GML:
// COLLISION WITH PLAYER
var _collision = instance_place(x, y, obj_player);
if !(_collision == noone)
{
    with (_collision)
    {
        // if you jump on top, kill, on other sides die.
        if (_collision.vsp > 0)
        {
            if jump_count = 0
            {
            jump_count += 4;
            }
            if jump_count = 1
            {
            jump_count += 3;
            }
            _collision.player_can_bounce = true;
            _collision.vsp = -4;
            with (other)
            {
                event_user(0);
            }
        }
        else
        {
            // damage player
            player_damage(_collision,1);
        }
    }
}
but when i bounce from A enemy, jump, and bounce from B enemy still dont have 2 jumps in another case with one enmy work good

Second problem:
W hen i use :
// You can just replace the camera functions with the view size numbers if you'd like, or whatever fits your system
//surface_resize( application_surface, camera_get_view_width( view_camera[0] ), camera_get_view_height( view_camera[0] ) );
//or
//surface_resize(application_surface, view_wport[0], view_hport[0]);
//or
//surface_resize(application_surface,1280,720);

to raise resolution, water is broken
To change the player's jump count, all you have to do is change the jump_count_default variable on the obj_player's Create Event.
Where did you get this code from? It is modified and I don't think it's part of the engine..

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Like this how it really sticks to the terrain.

This is already possible in the engine, but with a certain angle limit (I would say close to 45 degrees). But what you can do is a collision raycasting. In the video itself he demonstrated this (using a for loop).

Last edited:
hey! so i just picked this up and im running into an issue (nothing with the asset itself, everything works) im trying to create a new level, i have it made with all the same layers as your demo level but when the game starts the view gets all stretched and squashed and im not sure why its happening. was wondering if you could help explain it to me so i can fix it. thank you!

this is what happens
newRoomIssue.png

this is what its supposed to be
roomSupposedtoLook.png

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
hey! so i just picked this up and im running into an issue (nothing with the asset itself, everything works) im trying to create a new level, i have it made with all the same layers as your demo level but when the game starts the view gets all stretched and squashed and im not sure why its happening. was wondering if you could help explain it to me so i can fix it. thank you!

this is what happens
View attachment 40011

this is what its supposed to be
View attachment 40013
Talk to me on Discord, I'll be available later. :)
Foxy Of Jungle#0167

hey! so i realized that i downloaded an older version i guess when i did it from the asset page rather than from inside GMS, using the most updated version of your asset when i created a new level i did NOT have this issue with the camera and views! the new room i made works 100%, sorry for the confusion!

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
hey! so i realized that i downloaded an older version i guess when i did it from the asset page rather than from inside GMS, using the most updated version of your asset when i created a new level i did NOT have this issue with the camera and views! the new room i made works 100%, sorry for the confusion!
Now it makes sense, because I had fixed this a long time ago lol, I even thought it was strange.

however, i do have some questions about how to use the experimental 2.5d camera if it would be okay to hit you up on discord about that.
I do not recommend using this, I was doing some tests but it is not good... In general, you will only need the normal camera even for most purposes. :)

spacerobot

Question on movement speed. So if I stick to whole numbers my sprites look fine. The problem is that 2 is too fast, move_speed of 1 is too slow. If I do like 1.6 it is a great speed but my sprites are jittery. Any changes I can make to the movement to fix this, or should I fix in the draw event for the player sprites?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Question on movement speed. So if I stick to whole numbers my sprites look fine. The problem is that 2 is too fast, move_speed of 1 is too slow. If I do like 1.6 it is a great speed but my sprites are jittery. Any changes I can make to the movement to fix this, or should I fix in the draw event for the player sprites?
Perhaps if you remove the round() it will help, in the player's draw event. Because the variables are all decimals, it is only in the draw that the movement is rounded.

Last edited:

uchetto

Hello,
excuse me i have the same problem. I downloaded this 1595559549_com.kazangames.foxeyplatform.yymp from https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/9205/foxey-platform-engine.
Where is the problem? Where can i download the newest one?

Thanks

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Thanks so much. Now everything works fine. Can I ask something about increasing of resolution?
To increase the resolution, access the Create Event of obj_display_setup (in the "System" folder), there will be some variables. How great that it worked! 😁

------------------------------
Little update:
I'm creating a new transition system.

Last edited:
Just a quick question - how easy it would be to resize characters to something like 200 x 200 instead of 32 x 32? Would that insclude loads of changes in the code or would the mechanics not change?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Just a quick question - how easy it would be to resize characters to something like 200 x 200 instead of 32 x 32? Would that insclude loads of changes in the code or would the mechanics not change?
Hi!

Most things will work if you change the resolution of the game and sprites size, but watch out for the object's collision masks. Some enemies will need tweaking, like the Slug for example. The player and other things uses the collision mask to make the collisions (so you must pay attention to this), so it probably won't break something notable, if so, it's easy to resolve. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

The engine uses a low resolution to render the game (480x270, you can change it), you can modify everything manually, like sprites.
To change the base game resolution, you need to access the Create Event from obj_display_setup.

Cheers!

Hi!

Most things will work if you change the resolution of the game and sprites size, but watch out for the object's collision masks. Some enemies will need tweaking, like the Slug for example. The player and other things uses the collision mask to make the collisions (so you must pay attention to this), so it probably won't break something notable, if so, it's easy to resolve. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

The engine uses a low resolution to render the game (480x270, you can change it), you can modify everything manually, like sprites.
To change the base game resolution, you need to access the Create Event from obj_display_setup.

Cheers!
Thanks!

It's really great engine, I wonder if you could add room with map of levels(unlockable ones) and possibility of saving and loading game with pause menu?