forums.. ugh

Roa

I have a new found appreciation for our mods...

accidentally left a test forum on my website abandoned for 2 years... and well...

This happened....
OMFG!!

I can't believe my webhost hasn't reached out to me about the mass abusive of their server.
[edit]
Also, I stand corrected. They actually did b*tch. These 7 user accounts managed to fill up 4 gigs of my server storage with just text alone. I apparently hit my quota yesterday and just happened to login at just the right time to get the message. They also used all 20 gigs of my monthly bandwidth so now everything just crawls... thanks internet!

Last edited:
C

Carcophan

Control+A and then Delete - Is how I deal with my inbox after a vacation :)

Roa

LOL! Sorry for laughing but I find it kinda funny. How much posts do the 7 accounts have? I hope you'll be able to get some space back.
Nah, I just deleted the whole forum. They have apparently been chaining posting for 2 months now like 2-4 times a minute. What slowed them was that they managed to suck all my bandwidth allowance(only 10 days in) right out the window so now my site is super super unresponsive. It was almost 90k post, and 80k of that in my off topic. I wasn't even going to try to fix that mess. Nothing of value was really lost. Wasn't even really public, not even out of testing save like 5 friends.

And dont worry, I laughed too. More so interested in how they found it for botting. Its a literally-who website with nothing of interest at all and they still managed to bot the 💩💩💩💩 out of it.

You know how much spam it takes to make 90k post, take up over 50gigs of bandwidth, and fill 4gigs of storage with nothing but text? Bots are obnoxious as 💩💩💩💩. They did this in roughly 2 months are far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I think our mods do an exceptionally good job taking care of this place! They're not perfect, but I almost invariably respect their decisions. Besides, it must be hard, considering how hard we users try to be the intellectual equivalent of a spaghetti western.