• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

forum or Q&A template

RizbIT

I knwo there are free forum templates that use javascript or similar you just configure them and add to your own site.

but is there a forum or Q&A web based API / service i can use on mobile.

It shoudl be one which doesnt need user login... the username should be passed via the url.

Seems unsafe but users who use the forum would have to sign in to the app anyway so theyve already logged in.

Then in the app i want a simple forum or Q&A where users can ask questions sub divided into a few different categories.

RollyBug

You might be able to do them separately. There are plenty of free forum templates and you can code or borrow something for URL authentication. Designing for mobile is essential nowadays so I'm sure you'd be fine there.

Last edited:

Mercerenies

Seems unsafe but users who use the forum would have to sign in to the app anyway so theyve already logged in.
What about people who aren't using the app? What's stopping me from opening Firefox or Chrome, pointing it at your URL, and getting away with anything? Just because you intend people to use the software one way doesn't mean they will.