• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Forum Game Forum Mafia: Reborn

Mr Magnus

Viking King
WHO IS UP FOR MAFIA?

We haven't had a good mafia game in ages, so I suggest changing that!

The rules are just the standard rules you're probably familiar with.

There are two teams: Townies and Mafia. The Villagers do not know who else is a member of their team, but the Mafia are informed who is in their team. The townies must eliminate all Mafia members to win. The Mafia simply needs to survive until there are the same (or more) mafia members alive then there are townies.

The game is split in to two cycles: day and night.
During the day players who are still alive can talk amongst themselves, accuse each other, share evidence and what happened during the night, and vote to execute a player. The townies try to find out who is mafia, and the mafia simply tries to blend in and create division and suspicion. The day lasts until 50% + 1 of players have agreed to execute a specific player, have agreed not to execute anyone, or until 72 hours have passed, in which case nobody will be executed. The player who is executed is removed from the game, and night falls.
During the night nobody is allowed to talk in the main thread, and doing so may be grounds for a visit from a friendly werewolf who will happily eat you in order to remove you from the game. However everyone who has a role activated during the night is allowed to send me a private message stating what they intend to do during the night. The Mafia, aside from performing their roles, also have a group chat in which they must agree who (if any) villager they should kill. They need a majority consensus on the choice. The villager is then murdered and removed from the game. The night lasts until all players who have a role have told me what they intend to do and the mafia has made a decision, or when 72 hours have passed. Then day breaks, and we keep going until one team has won.

As you may have noticed I do require that players can pop in at minimum every three days or so, just so we can finish before Christmas.

Most players will be normal villagers with no special powers. However I will post a full list of roles and their number when the game starts, with the caveat that some roles will not be assigned to anyone: they are just on the list to distract you. So, even if the list claims there are four normal villagers, a doctor, a sheriff, a jailer, two mafia goons and a godfather in the game, in reality it is possible that there are only three villagers and no jailer: leaving some wiggle room for the mafia to fill.

As you may have noticed I do require that players can pop in at minimum every three days or so, just so we can finish before Christmas.

We need a minimum of five players, and to make this simple I'm capping it at 24 players.

More bulletin styled rules:

• There are two teams: Townies and Mafia.
  • The townies win if all Mafia players are dead. The Mafia wins when the alive townies no longer outnumber the alive mafia.
  • During the day, everyone can talk openly.
  • During the day, players may formally vote for any other alive player using the standard format "I vote for <player>", just to make it easier for the player hosting the game
  • When a clean majority of players all vote for the same person, that person is killed and the night phase begins
  • You may not talk in the public thread during the night.
  • During the night, players with night roles can send a private message to the host describing their action
  • During the night, the mafia may pick a single townie to be killed.
  • The night ends when all players have done their actions during the night.
  • A day and night, if not ended naturally, will stop after 72 hours.
  • Players who are dead are removed from the game. They can't participate further or share information with the living. We'll maybe do a round of Secret Nocturne later.
  • Use your best judgement and common sense. If it feels like you're playing in bad faith, cheating, or being a jerk you probably are. Try to avoid it.

SO, who is in?

Last edited:

O.Stogden

I'll hop in, only played this once on a forum, and I killed the detective as an innocent (In this instance, detective role was hidden, not sure if that's usually the case though), so if you're a Mafia, don't kill me, I'm on your side!

Also I'm more familiar with GMOD TTT than Mafia V. Townies, so my terminology is probably off on the roles haha.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
We need at least five to play, so if anyone here is just lurking around do join us. It's really fun: promise!

Mr Magnus

Viking King
It's a shame this hasn't really worked out haha.
Yeah, it's always a bit of a bummer when there isn't enough interest, but c'est la vie. If anyone reading this wants to join and knows a friend who can join that would be swell: but otherwise it is what it is. :)