• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

For New Users Having Issues Logging In

I had set aside today to explore GMS for the first time with the free subscription. I hadn't logged in prior to today and was having an issue where I would receive a prompt after logging in that there wasn't a licence found and to contact helpdesk. Came to the forum and noticed several people having the same problem without any useful solution being offered. I tried several things but just solved the issue by turning off 2-Step Authentication.

After logging into your account, navigate to Settings -> Password / Security -> 2-Step. In the dropdown menu select "Don't use 2-step authentication." After taking these steps, I booted up GMS and logged in for the first time no problem! Once you're logged in, have all updates applied and are looking at the start page, you can go back to your account, navigate back to the same dropdown menu above, and reselect your preferred 2FA method!

I hope this helps all the new people trying out GMS!

EDIT: Wanted to add that even if this works for you, it's still worth submitting a ticket through helpdesk so YYG knows there are currently login issues affecting a large number of new users.

Last edited: