Portfolio - Programming [For Hire] Experienced multi-discipline programmer (15 yrs experience)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by DatZach, Dec 6, 2019.

  1. DatZach

    DatZach Member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2016
    Posts:
    6
    Zachary Reedy
    Email paraton [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Discord DatZach#1775

    With a combined 15 years of experience in professional and hobbyist programming spaces, I am a highly skilled and efficient developer. My experience has been focused on Platform Engines, Networking, Localization, Tools and Frameworks. However, I am fully capable of developing any system you need.
    Additionally, I am also capable of doing localization for English -> Japanese (JLPT N2 Certification pending).


    Technical Skills
    • GameMaker: Studio 1.4 / 2.0
    • Game Maker 6.1a / 7.0 / 8.1
    • GML
    • JavaScript (ES6)
    • C#
    • C++
    • Python
    • T-SQL / MySQL
    • SVN / Git
    Work Experience (GameMaker related)
    Boman - GitHub | Video
    A GameMaker: Studio 1.4 Platforming Game. Explore a metroid-vania style world flinging arrows and conquering tricky platforming challenges. Developed ceased at end of engine development. Additionally, a branch for a GM2 port exists.

    Phoenix - GitHub | Video
    A GameMaker: Studio 2.0 turn-based RPG inspired by Pokemon and Darkest Dungeon. Catch monsters and battle to reclaim the natural world from envious deities. Monsters experience perma-death and also have an overworld presence which acts as traversal abilities. Development ceased at end of engine development.

    Parakeet 2 - Video
    Commercial alternative IDE for GameMaker: Studio 1.4. Included advanced features, such as real time code analysis and hinting, a fully featured room editor and an all-in-one script view for all GM events. In addition to developing these features, I was also contracted to develop the DRM and payment backend integration.

    YoYoProject - GitHub

    A C# Library for serializing/deserializing YYP files (GameMaker: Studio 2 Projects). This library is used in a larger ecosystem of Open Source tools related to improving productivity for GMS2 Engineers.

    Astron.libGML - GitHub
    A GML Library for interfacing with Astron, an implementation of Walt Disney's Online Theme Park (OTP) MMO Framework/Protocol. This is the same protocol that is used to power games such as ToonTown and Pirates of the Caribbean.




    Compensation
    I'm looking for hourly contract work; with a preference for longer term contracts.
    Equal rate for all types of projects.
    $16/hr



    Please contact me directly via the contact info in this post, rather than leaving a comment asking me to contact you.
    Contact details are below my name at the top of this post.




    Looking forwarding to working with you,
    Zach Reedy
     
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    JasonTomLee, Catastrophe and MusNik like this.
  2. yza

    yza Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2019
    Posts:
    5
    When it comes to getting a project done, Zach's the guy to go to. He's very professional and gets the job done fast. I want to say that of all developers I've worked with in the past, the vast majority - say, 80% of them or so - would tell me that a project would take a minimum of a few months to finish, the other 20% going for a few weeks for the estimate. Yeah well Zach is faster than those, taking days instead of weeks - and this is on his tight schedule! After he finishes a project he'll show you a video outlining what he's done, something that I've really appreciated a lot, because that shows you the work that you're paying for. He has proven himself to be a very reliable developer with the main goal of satisfying his clients. At this point I've shaved off a few months' worth of work, hell, even a year, with his help. Again - he's 100% your go-to guy when it comes to getting stuff done well and fast, assistance, etc. There were some technicalities regarding my project that I did not understand at all, and at that point I told him that since I frankly do not understand said things, I trust he'll do a better job if he does what he thinks works best, as if it was his very own game. He did just that, and did an amazingly good job there as well. Zach's dedicated and responsible. His work is greatly appreciated, massive thanks from Romania!
     
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020 at 2:32 AM
    DatZach likes this.
  3. MonsterCatcher

    MonsterCatcher Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2020
    Posts:
    7
    What are your rates for a Pokémon-type game?
     
  4. 3dshay

    3dshay Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2020
    Posts:
    9
    Send you an email.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice