Portfolio - Audio [For Hire] Bakuda Music - Ready for a New Adventure!

Bakuda

Hello everyone!

My name is Bryan Davis and I have a love for good games and great music! I work full time as a game composer, and love every minute of it. Music is something special, something magical. Whether we realize it or not, music has a huge impact on our attitudes and emotions. When someone is angry, often times they will listen to music that drives their anger even further. When at peace, many people will turn to soft strings or pianos to drift further into their blissful state. Sometimes, when people are having a bad day, they turn to uplifting and inspiring music to try and bring themselves out of the mire they’ve found themselves in. Our attitudes dictate the music we listen to and, in turn, the music we listen to dictates our emotions.

Emotions, that is the role of music in video games. To create an emotional landscape for the player to dive into. As a composer, it is my job to create that atmosphere. To use my powers of audio manipulation to control the very emotions of every soul that plays your game (I feel so powerful!). Music is my passion, it’s what drives me as I journey through life. Here on this thread I'd like to share some of my music. I do hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you’d like to enlist my musical powers for your worthy cause (Gaming is a very worthy cause!), simply send me a message and tell me about your project. Most of my work is orchestral, but I do have a few chiptunes in my portfolio. If you don't hear what you're looking for, message me anyway. I love trying out new styles and am always looking for a new challenge to tackle! My rates vary depending on the project, but will usually fit any budget. So let's join forces, and together we shall conquer the world! Or…well…at least a small corner of the gaming world. Yes, that, we shall conquer!

Demo Reel
Website

Last edited:
A

Aaron Kendrick

Wow... amazing read... You have a wonderful way with words.

G

Guest User

I agree with everything you have said.

Music is an amazing tool; a brush type used to paint on the canvas of the listener's emotions. Extremely effective. Second to no other tools when it comes to emotions; lying next to a brush almost effective, that is, the story.

As a musician myself, music can make or break a game. To prove my point, try playing FNAF with comedic music playing, or SSB with horror soundscapes.

I must question whether your post is about you looking for a position or game design theory, though.

Bakuda

Thanks, both of you. Yes, I feel very strongly about the importance of music in games. And yes, I am looking for positions. My demo reel and portfolio is linked in my original post. Take a listen if you want. I always love to share my music with others =D

Bakuda

Wow....talk about a crazy summer! It's been an unbelievably jam-packed couple of months for me. When I wasn't out of town visiting families I was doing the best I could to finish up all the projects that seemed to constantly pile up. Well, I'm finally almost caught up and can start taking the time to share everything I've been doing. Yay!!! Also, I got moved in to my new studio! It's a great space that will allow me to not only write more comfortably, but also record! I've got a decent vocal booth now and am just itching to use it in some new projects! So I've got a little proposition to make. Anyone who commissions me for music will get a very decent discount on voice over work and sound effects. These are two new fields that I am trying to get into and add to my list of services. If you're interested, just let me know. I'd love to add more than just music to your project!!!

And speaking of music...let's hear some!!!

This track was quite the fun one to make. It's for a game called "Farm Panic", where the animals have escaped and you have to round them up! Having played some bluegrass in the past, it was fun to actually be able to write some for a game. Hope you enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Ffarm-panic

Last edited:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Yes, your music are just absolutely perfect for indie games.
Still far from FINAL FANTASY or Elder Scrolls quality, but extremely good compared to a lot of indie games.
I hope you find a dev team to work on a little indie masterpiece together!

Bakuda

Wow...has it already been 9 months since my last demo reel??? I guess that means it's time for a new one, then! As I've spent the last couple of days combing through all of my music from the past 9 months, I've realized how far I've come. It always amazes me to step back, look at my tracks, and see what I've accomplished. This demo reel is one that I'm really proud of. Each one represents something different, and each is a personal favorite in one way or the other. I do hope you enjoy this showcase of the past few months. If you'd like to put my talents to use, please send me a message. I'm always looking for exciting new projects to be a part of!

Last edited:
A

AC_Composer

You have a lot of nice melodic ideas there. Good luck with your projects.

Bakuda

I meant up upload this on Friday, but the massive cyber attack put a stop to that. That's OK...you get it today!!!

I had a lot of fun creating this track! It's for a character named Mira, who has a very fiery personality. So fire became the inspiration for this piece. I do hope you enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fexile-saga-mira

Last edited:

Bakuda

I like your music, how long have you been doing it?
I'm glad you enjoy my music! I've been writing music for just over 10 years now, but I didn't start writing for games until about 4 years ago. Music has always been a passion of mine. So the ability to write music for games, another love of mine, has been amazing!

F

Fanifacation

What sort of games do you think your music most resonates with or stems from?

Bakuda

What sort of games do you think your music most resonates with or stems from?
Hmm....that's a good question.

I think the games that I take the most inspiration from is Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics. Those are two of my favorite Final Fantasy games and both have excellent music that I've turned to time and time again for inspiration in writing a particular piece.

As far as music that resonates with me, two games in particular come to mind. OK, well, two series of games. One of them is Zelda. I've always loved the music from the Zelda series. And the other is the Chrono series, Chrono Trigger in particular. The Chrono Trigger soundtrack was one of the first game soundtracks I ever purchased. It was a soundtrack that was extremely well executed!

F

Fanifacation

Hmm....that's a good question.

I think the games that I take the most inspiration from is Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics. Those are two of my favorite Final Fantasy games and both have excellent music that I've turned to time and time again for inspiration in writing a particular piece.

As far as music that resonates with me, two games in particular come to mind. OK, well, two series of games. One of them is Zelda. I've always loved the music from the Zelda series. And the other is the Chrono series, Chrono Trigger in particular. The Chrono Trigger soundtrack was one of the first game soundtracks I ever purchased. It was a soundtrack that was extremely well executed!
I completely agree. Chrono Trigger's sountrack has everything I love to hear in a song. Great quality, easy to remember, and plenty of variety between songs. Every time a song played in the game it felt like it had a purpose being there and wasn't just filler music to keep you entertained.

Good taste man.

Bakuda

I completely agree. Chrono Trigger's sountrack has everything I love to hear in a song. Great quality, easy to remember, and plenty of variety between songs. Every time a song played in the game it felt like it had a purpose being there and wasn't just filler music to keep you entertained.

Good taste man.
Absolutely! Wind Scene and Frog's Theme are two songs that have always stuck with me. Especially Wind Scene. I used to go into the world map and just let it sit there and listen to that song over and over!

Check out this cover I found on Soundcloud a few years back. Simply beautiful!

(NOT MINE!)
https://soundcloud.com/isami-2/wind-scene

Bakuda

Wow...it's amazing how time flies when you've got way too much to do! I didn't realize I'd gone so long without a soundcloud post. Well, it's time to fix that! This fun little track is for an RM game called The Beasts and Tales of Kharia. It takes heavy inspiration from Earthbound. It was a completely different style for me, and I had a lot of fun learning how to create it.

Last edited:
T

Trueno

I was just about to ask you if you could make songs with choir vocals in it. just at the moment one played on your reel. I'll be contacting you soon if you're willing to work fixed price per track

-Wonderful work!

Bakuda

I was just about to ask you if you could make songs with choir vocals in it. just at the moment one played on your reel. I'll be contacting you soon if you're willing to work fixed price per track

-Wonderful work!
XD Don't you just love it when things happen like that? I'm glad you enjoyed my work. I look forward to hearing from you.

Bakuda

Well, I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know mine was crazy and insane. I love Christmas, it's one of my favorite times of the year, but I'm also grateful to see my life slowly returning to normal. And with that return, I can finally get to updating my portfolio!!!

Castles are grand and regal, and you'll often find that the town that surrounds the castle can be just as magnificent. This track portrays the majestic nature of a grand castle, and how that majesty can be seen in all the lands that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fthe-castle-town

Last edited:

Bakuda

Ahh...the beginning of a new week. I hope everyone had a great weekend! I've decided to share an exciting theme this week. This was my first time composing an airship theme, and it was quite fun to do!

It's an exciting moment, that moment before takeoff. You can hear the rhythmic thrumming of the motor. Before long, gravity is defied as the massive ship lifts off into the sky. The wind whips through your hair as you gather speed. And then, before you know it, you're soaring through the skies.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fthe-great-gaias-the-flyer
Also, one of my large projects is just starting to wrap up. What does this mean? It means that I will have more work slots opening up very soon. It also means I'll have my eyes out for another large project or, as the title suggests, my "next great adventure". So if you're in need of music, be sure to send me a note. In the meantime, I'll be getting all of my adventuring gear ready to go!

Last edited:
M

mariospants

Nice work! I've followed you on SoundCloud, you'd be a great asset for orchestral and instrumentals!

F

fluffinator09

Hey man! I am trying to gather a team for a small Naval Warfare RTS, would you be interested in doing the music/FX (if you can) for this game?

Bakuda

As heroes, we venture forth fulfilling quests of the most epic proportion. But at the end, when the day is won and we've claimed our prize, it is always to The Guild that we return. It is where we sit with our fellow adventurers, sharing stories of heroism. It is where we sharpen our swords and tend to our wounds. It is where we rest and prepare for tomorrow, where another adventure awaits!

Last edited:
B

Benito

As heroes, we venture forth fulfilling quests of the most epic proportion. But at the end, when the day is won and we've claimed our prize, it is always to The Guild that we return. It is where we sit with our fellow adventurers, sharing stories of heroism. It is where we sharpen our swords and tend to our wounds. It is where we rest and prepare for tomorrow, where another adventure awaits!

https://soundcloud.com/bdavisbd/radiance-soul-the-guild
This is wonderful, to see the passion in every music that shows us.

Bakuda

This is wonderful, to see the passion in every music that shows us.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Music is indeed my passion, and I put a lot of emotion into the work that I do. It makes me happy when others can feel that passion as well.

Bakuda

This was a huge track for me! A lot of emotion was poured into this one. It's also my first truly rock track, which made it quite the fun challenge for me. I do hope you enjoy it!

As the dust settles from the long and arduous battle, you look across the war-torn field. There, in the distance, you see him. The man who literally crawled out of the abyss. The man who killed so many of the heores of old. And here he is, staring at you across the battlefield, walking with slow but calculated steps that will lead him straight to you.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fthe-great-gaias-battle-with-a-black-heart

Last edited:

Bakuda

It's been too long since my last update!!! The last two months were absolutely crazy and I can't believe so much time has gone by. But I'm back, and I bring with me a new demo reel!!! This reel features some of my best work over the last six months. I always enjoy putting these reels together. The opportunity to look back and re-live each of these tracks is a wonderful thing. I do hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Last edited:
R

Rednavi

Man, that last demo reel was pretty good! I hope I can eventually finish a game with an artist friend. Maybe kickstart the project so we can get people like you onboard eventually since we have no one for the music.

Bakuda

Man, that last demo reel was pretty good! I hope I can eventually finish a game with an artist friend. Maybe kickstart the project so we can get people like you onboard eventually since we have no one for the music.
Thanks! Always looking for a new project. Let me know when you're ready and I'd be happy to take a look at what you're cooking up!!!

Bakuda

You pant hard, sweat dripping off your brow, as you take down yet another of the enemy's minions. Sighing in relief, you bend over and take a moment to catch your breath. That's when you hear a horse approaching, it's hoofbeats heavy and foreboding. You look up and groan as you see the massive warrior coming out to meet you. You realize that the battle has not ended, but is merely beginning.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fnever-ending-battle

Last edited:

Bakuda

Everything has led to this one moment. You have climbed mountains and traversed valleys. You have crossed wide oceans and vast deserts. You have defeated every foe he has thrown in your path. And now, he descends from above. The power of a god in the embodiment of a man. Your hand tightens on the hilt of your sword as you prepare for this, the ultimate battle.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fthe-great-gaias-battle-with-a-supreme-being

Last edited:

Bakuda

Your heart fills with gratitude as you watch your company of men form ranks and prepare to face the enemy. They have followed you since the beginning and now, there they stand in this once peaceful valley, ready to meet the enemy head on. The peace is shattered by something in the distance, growing louder and louder by the second.
The drums.
The drums of war.

https://soundcloud.com/bakudamusic%2Fthe-great-gaias-drums-of-war

Last edited:

Bakuda

There is a defining moment in every hero's tale where a choice must me made. He can either ignore the injustices before him or take a stand against tyranny. He will either step back and fall in line with every other cooperating citizen, or he can step forward and fight for what he knows to be right. For Pots, this is that moment.

Last edited: