Free For GML writers: GML Pro Library, Supporting GMS 1.4 and 2.3+ - 100s of shaders and scripts for FREE

lost

4863_original.png
gml-pro
A large collection of shaders, images and utility functions for GameMaker Studio 1.2+ All shaders written for OpenGL GLSL ES

IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS PLEASE STAR THE PROJECT ON GITHUB, THANKS!

How to use this stuff

This is in no way a complete game. You are best advised to pick through it, and decide what you want to use, then either copy it over to your existing project, or cut GML-Pro down in size until you've got only what you need, because it does slow down your compile times.

Recent changes:

• Audio section recently updated and bugs fixed.
  • No longer serving a GMZ, we are now serving a GMX folder
  • Updated to work flawlessly for GMS2, but remains an importable GMZ for legacy compatibility

Lots of shaders.... https://github.com/h3rb/gml-pro/tree/master/GML-Pro-Pack2.gmx/shaders

Lots of scripts.... https://github.com/h3rb/gml-pro/tree/master/GML-Pro-Pack2.gmx/scripts

Last edited:

gnysek

we are now serving a GMX folder
Not sure if you noticed, but GMS 1.x is discontinued since June 2018.

Some of those scripts are looking... strange. For example, all array_xx scripts are operating on ds_maps - why? Also, functions like int, float are returning strings, which I totally don't understand. For example XOR is doing lot of bool math, while I thought that xor in GML is just ^ and that's enough. Lot of scripts looks like they could be optimized with GML 2.3+ . There's nearly no documentation, so... it's hard to find something useful here.

lost

Not sure if you noticed, but GMS 1.x is discontinued since June 2018.

Some of those scripts are looking... strange. For example, all array_xx scripts are operating on ds_maps - why? Also, functions like int, float are returning strings, which I totally don't understand. For example XOR is doing lot of bool math, while I thought that xor in GML is just ^ and that's enough. Lot of scripts looks like they could be optimized with GML 2.3+ . There's nearly no documentation, so... it's hard to find something useful here.
int() returns a string as by treating its input as an integer. It's a one line piece of code.
float() returns the string from a float, again, it's a one line piece of code.

If you read through the functions, you can learn something about what they do.

100+ Shaders as well. There are some examples inside the sample project.

GMS 1.x is still supported in the Marketplace and some people actually still own licenses to it. GML Pro was originally released in 2014

If you feel it can be optimized for modern GMS 2.3 specifically, then I suggest Forking it to create your own derivative project.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I know that 3d pre-rendered sprite look anywhere! It is currently the only viable way for me to make art as I never could get good at manual stuff, even at traditional pixel art sizes.

I see a good lots of shaders and functions here as well. It should be good for people who don't have such a thing to help get started. That documentation you mention wanting to do in the description is going to be the next important step as I see it. Documentation is the hardest part for me, not out of difficulty but out of boredom...it's easy to make mistakes doing the boring stuff.

lost

I do not intend to document. If you or anyone else would like to document something, feel free to create a Pull Request. The documentation is the code.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
The way you worded the thing on the marketplace.....
Additionally, I wish to document this work (all of the utility functions and their purposes and uses), and incorporate a few additional features
...had me thinking you were planning on doing documentation and adding some features. I guess I misunderstood that.

I personally wouldn't care to document it for you(as I said above I don't like doing documentation). I DO document well anything that I personally release, but only because it is my own, and because people are paying for it and therefore deserve good documentation.