• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Fonts & Textures Pages (Non-Latin Letters)

Mert

Hey. I will try to explain my problem as best as possible.

Currently, I have 5 fonts in my game(60,45,40,30,15 sized). All of them are Calibri font. My fonts reside with other sprites in a single texture page. As I have one texture page in my app, I don't deal with texture swaps.

So, I'm trying to localise my app, and I have so many languages. All latin and latin-alike(Ü,Ö etc.) letters also are in my texture page.

My problem starts when I want to add Japanese, Arabic, Russian etc. Adding them means another texture page.

My goal is to:
  1. Add the non-latin fonts into a separate texture page.
  2. If the player decides to play with a non-latin translation, I'll use that texture page.
  3. If the player decides to play with a latin translation, I'll flush the texture page and won't get it again.
Question is : How can I achieve that?