• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Fonts taller than supposed to be??

R

risa401

Seems like fonts are much taller than it's supposed to be? I'm sure it's not my fonts! Worked fine in GM:S. It started to happen after I manually imported my game. Is this a bug that I need to wait for to be fixed or is there something bad on my end?

EDIT: Fixed GMS2 to GM:S (Mistake)

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Where are you drawing the fonts?

If they are in the DrawGUI event have you set the GUI resolution?

R

risa401

Where are you drawing the fonts?

If they are in the DrawGUI event have you set the GUI resolution?
1. In the draw gui event. 2. I set the gui resolution 3. I have basically the same project I had in GM:S (which it worked perfectly on) and it stopped working on GMS2 4. I think it's actually a bug so I gotta wait for my game to not be derpy :D

Jobo

GMC Elder
There was a bug where the current DPI was used for generating the font at the selected size, this obviously caused the font to be incorrect. This was fixed a fair while ago, and as far as I know it should be in the Desktop beta version.

R

risa401

There was a bug where the current DPI was used for generating the font at the selected size, this obviously caused the font to be incorrect. This was fixed a fair while ago, and as far as I know it should be in the Desktop beta version.
Hmm interesting. I have the latest version and I own the desktop beta. Are you sure you really pushed that fix into an update?

mMcFab

I'm on the latest version too, and I'm getting issues with aliasing - it still looks awful - even on the texture group manager
See anti-aliasing on:
aliasingOn.PNG
Yuck.
And anti-aliasing off - looks better, but not smooth
aliasingOff.PNG
All font settings are visible, it looks yuck and enabling texture interpolation does not help either.
As for how the font should appear - exactly the same as it appears in the GMS2 IDE. It appears fine in the "Sample Text" preview, but nasty everywhere else

EDIT: Also - I'm not sure, but - isn't there supposed to be a little padding above and to the left of the characters too? Maybe that's just he texture preview though. I noticed some other users point out that the letters were too high up (compared to GM:S), maybe this is a problem?

Last edited:
R

risa401

Like the font is sized as it has to be. What I mean by them being is taller is that there is a space below the text that is empty and still counts as there was text.