• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker font_add_sprite_ext not proportional

H

Homunculus

I'm having problems with a custom made font imported using font_add_sprite_ext. If I recall correctly, setting the "prop" attribute to true in the function call causes each letter sprite to be trimmed so that it take just as much space as required (citing the docs: "so the letter "i" takes less room than the letter "w", for example").

In practice, this doesn't happen to me, at least not with runner version 2.2.1. I'll attach an image of the problem, top being the actual result, bottom being the expected result.

sample.png

And here's the code used to import the font:

Code:
font_add_sprite_ext(spr_fnt_default, "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.-_!?", true, 1);
Any idea?

Ches Rowe

The function seems to have broke with the runtime update in December. I have the same problem and i'm forced to use October's runtime version in the meantime until they fix it(unless this is an intentional change). Make sure to submit a bug report.

H

Homunculus

Tried the beta release of 2.2.2 and seems to be already fixed, although I didn't find anything about it in the release notes nor bug tracker. Probably related to the font rework that has been done.
I guess we'll have to wait for 2.2.2 to get out of the beta phase.