• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Font Size

H

Heat4Life

Hello there dude! Is there a 'font size' stuff on the GML? What I meant was Is there a code to customize the size of the current font?

Thanks! All answers would be greatly appreciated! :D

A

Aura

Fonts are internally stored as images, so you can't alter the font size per se. You can however use draw_text_transformed() which would scale up/down the text. But since that would be scaling up/down instead of resizing, the text might lose quality and look blurry.

The best way to have multiple font sizes is to keep different font resources for different sizes.

T

TDSrock

If you want to do the scaling method. Scaling down is better in terms of quality.

P

Phemus

Or you can duplicate current font change the size and use draw_set_font. But it's long way I think.

RangerX

Scaling up can yield excellent results if you scale by an integer value.
Scaling down will always result is graphical loss. I would avoid it.