SOLVED Font size doesn't affect the draw text function in Draw GUI Event. Why?

NastyMonk

I set the font size and use the proper draw set font function in the Draw GUI event and then draw text in that event. However, the text size doesn't seem to change at all.

Is it supposed to behave like this?

Here is the code in the draw GUI event

GML:
/// @description Insert description here
// You can write your code in this editor
/// @description Insert description here
// You can write your code in this editor

if (obj_player.captured==true) {
    // code here

draw_set_font(fnt_Game);
    draw_set_halign(fa_middle);
    draw_set_valign(fa_center);
    draw_text_color(view_wport[0]/2,view_hport[0]/2,"Captured",c_red,c_red,c_red,c_red,1);
}
fnt_Game looks like this.
1585101710690.png

Last edited:

chamaeleon

I set the font size and use the proper draw set font function in the Draw GUI event and then draw text in that event. However, the text size doesn't seem to change at all.

Is it supposed to behave like this?
Post your draw code between [CODE] and [/CODE] tags.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Change from what, specifically? The default? If so, you may have an old rendered texture of the font in your cache. Try clicking the paint brush button next to the run button in the IDE - this will clear the asset cache and should rebuilt the font's texture at its current settings.

If this still doesn't yield the expected results: Does the code you posted work as expected in a normal Draw event?

NastyMonk

Change from what, specifically? The default? If so, you may have an old rendered texture of the font in your cache. Try clicking the paint brush button next to the run button in the IDE - this will clear the asset cache and should rebuilt the font's texture at its current settings.

If this still doesn't yield the expected results: Does the code you posted work as expected in a normal Draw event?
Thank you.