• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Font question:

Hello,

I was importing a GM:S1 project into GM:S2.
Apparently, when checking the fonts, there were an issue (not found, one of the fonts I had not installed, but the others were Verdana, and that one was installed on my cpu).
There were some options in each font, and I think they work now.

But in my code, strings are handled by string_hash_to_newline().
Is this recommended, or should I change this? I assume this command was added due to the font issue, but it's just my guess.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Apparently, when checking the fonts, there were an issue (not found, one of the fonts I had not installed, but the others were Verdana, and that one was installed on my cpu).
There were some options in each font, and I think they work now.
You can search for this font on the Internet, download and install it, even if you already have it. Please close Game Maker Studio 2 before that. Then reopen the GMS 2.

But in my code, strings are handled by string_hash_to_newline().
Is this recommended, or should I change this? I assume this command was added due to the font issue, but it's just my guess.
This function is for skipping lines if you use # in the string. But in GMS 2 you can use \n to skip a line now.

You can search for this font on the Internet, download and install it, even if you already have it. Please close Game Maker Studio 2 before that. Then reopen the GMS 2.

Yup, I did just that. So I think I'm good. =)

This function is for skipping lines if you use # in the string. But in GMS 2 you can use \n to skip a line now.
Yes, but is string_hash_to_newline() something that should be avoided, or is it recommended to use in favor of any other command? I assume I can still just type "stringcontent," not sure why GM:S2 added string_hash_to_newline().

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Yes, but is string_hash_to_newline() something that should be avoided, or is it recommended to use in favor of any other command? I assume I can still just type "stringcontent," not sure why GM:S2 added string_hash_to_newline().
You can use this without any problems. I haven't seen anywhere that this function can be removed in the future. But for future projects, I recommend you use the new method.
They added this function because in GMS 2 it is no longer possible to skip a line using hash # without using this string_hash_to_newline() function.

You can use this without any problems. I haven't seen anywhere that this function can be removed in the future. But for future projects, I recommend you use the new method.
They added this function because in GMS 2 it is no longer possible to skip a line using hash # without using this string_hash_to_newline() function.
What is the new method?