• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Font more characters than can fit...

Flaick

Hi guys, I have the message shown on image when I'm trying to export a project. Any idea? The game seems to works fine, but I fear will be some issue later.
Cattura.PNG

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Check the character range you specified in the font's properties. Did you include too many characters there? That could be one reason why they can't fit on a texture page.
Another could be that you're using a large font and a too low texture page size, in which case you'll have to increase said size.

Flaick

Thanks, my texture page is actually 2048x2048, and my font range is in the image. Is that the issue?

Cattura.PNG

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
A part of your font range is in the image. Note the scroll bar. Not that important, though, as 1100 characters at size 6 shouldn't be able to fill a 2048x2048 texture page unless the font uses an ungodly resolution for the characters at that size, so I don't think that's the issue. Try generating a preview of the texture pages from the game's graphics settings and check the texture page the font is on... is it actually completely filled? This might just be a false positive.

Flaick

I generated the texture pages. It generates two file, and the second one is not filled completely, there is still space left.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are the font's characters spread across both texture pages?
Purely out of curiosity, does the warning disappear if you assign the font to a separate texture group? This is not something you're supposed to have to do, the packer should figure out when to start a new page by itself... but it may provide a clue about what's going wrong.

Flaick

Are the font's characters spread across both texture pages?
No, the fonts are all on the first page.

Purely out of curiosity, does the warning disappear if you assign the font to a separate texture group?
No.

Other info: this issue is happened when I added new chars to Range (spanish chars). I noticed if I using "Add Range from file" doesn't work. It's add chars only if I use "Add Range from code", but will be this issue.
The message happears also if I click on "Regenerate" button.

Update:
Now it works. I've delete all fonts and recreted. Then added the Range via file. Dunno why, but it fixed.

In general do you keep different fonts for each language (spanish, italian, etc..)? Or all in one?

Last edited: