• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Fog of War for dungeon crawl?

Hi there - I'm new to pretty much everything, only a month in. I'm making a dungeon crawl with help of a tutorial series that is great. But now I'm at a point I want to blacken out the dungeon so the player can't see what is coming.

Is there a way to do this in DND? I'd like a few options if possible I'm hoping a basic and more advanced version. I have searched and searched online but can only find a very advanced tutorial that I have no idea what is going on haha.

I thought maybe black out a room and set it so when the user opens the door is draws the room in or something.. I don't know any help would be great.

Thanks!

rytan451

You could subdivide the dungeon into chambers, and have an object in each chamber which covers the entire chamber, is on a higher layer than other objects, and which becomes invisible when certain conditions are met (certain doors open, a torch is placed, the player enters the room).