• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Flox. Authentication and Sharing between devices. Ideas?

Juanla

Hello guys! I'm really interested on implement an authentication system in my future game, I was reading about the Flox extension. This extension is really easy to use to log data, but I don't understand very well the authentication. Flox allow 3 types of authentication:
  • Guest Authentication (really works with temporal users)
  • Key Authentication (This is the method in wich I am really interested)
  • Email Authentication
This my idea:
Android users download my game, and open it.
Flox inited
I want create a unique id by game installation (maybe?) like this (a78a0qR6......)

User have a iPad too (really not relevant other device platform), I want that that user can share the game progress between devices. I need that these user can enter the generated Android first device id and the game can syncronize the data.

What I need:
  • This is possible with flox?
  • I can generate an unique ID for each installation (Most imoprtant platforms are Android/iOS)?
  • Anybody have this feature and can tell me about to generate a more clear idea about this?

S

Soulie

Did you find anything out in the end?

I've got it working with just email authentication. Had a quick go with facebook but with no luck.

Bingdom

Googledom
It's possible to do something like this without extensions.

You can learn how to do networking, and connect to devices with an IP, and send data between each other using buffers.

This will only work if both devices are on the app, ready to send/receive data, and are on the same WI-FI.

Not 100% what you are looking for, but just an idea. ;)