Alpha Fleets Mockup For Beyond the Stars!

E

Emperor88

This is a mockup for everyone to try out! it includes three different scenarios for everyone to try out. one is AI and has no player ship and the other two have player ships for you to control.

Even though this is a small game in of itself it is only one piece of the puzzle to creating the full game that myself and Tem Matthews have been working on for 6 months (beyond the stars). the main project itself is going nicely with space, Atmosphere and exploring planets on land. The main game also has a simple crew interior and AI with jump drives and weapons being added. Hope you like what we are trying to achieve.

CONTROLS
W,A,S,D to move
hold down left mouse and aim to shoot your cannons
left mouse to select scenario!

the download link :https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks1znihrzsq9kuz/Space Fleet Demo.exe?dl=0

Let Myself or Tem Matthews know what you think below in the comments!
below is a screenshot of a small part of the fleet battle

Screenshot (15).png

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Convert/KZNecro/felix

absolutly best game I ever played better than BF1 7 out of five would play again

J

Juxxec

I think this has potential and definetely would be a pretty interesting game to play. However there is a problem that I see. Firstly it takes forever to ratate your ship. I know its a large ship and that this is normal, but the AI seem to have higher turn speeds. If you increase the turn speed I think the game will be more playable.

Also add some different types of ships. Fast, but light armored and low health, slow but bulky with lots of armor and health and etc.

Maybe an option to build smaller ships that hover around your ship and attack nearby targets would be nice.

Make the destroyed ship drop some resources with which you can upgrade your cannons.

I really enjoyed playing the space mission in Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm :

Maybe you can draw some inspiration from there :). The rocks as obstacles seems pretty neat, also you can add those mines that go after you in a line, but with some more pattenrs. The teleport is a must if you ask me!

EDIT: This map can also be used for ideas:

E

Emperor88

I think this has potential and definetely would be a pretty interesting game to play. However there is a problem that I see. Firstly it takes forever to ratate your ship. I know its a large ship and that this is normal, but the AI seem to have higher turn speeds. If you increase the turn speed I think the game will be more playable.

Also add some different types of ships. Fast, but light armored and low health, slow but bulky with lots of armor and health and etc.

Maybe an option to build smaller ships that hover around your ship and attack nearby targets would be nice.

Make the destroyed ship drop some resources with which you can upgrade your cannons.

I really enjoyed playing the space mission in Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm :

Maybe you can draw some inspiration from there :). The rocks as obstacles seems pretty neat, also you can add those mines that go after you in a line, but with some more pattenrs. The teleport is a must if you ask me!

thanks for the replay. in the main game there are asteroids and planets. thanks for talking about rotation speeds as that is an issue currently. :)

though you probably wont see me update this as this is a mockup and is meant to go into another game! but you will see these mechanics soon in beyond the stars (still need to work with tem matthews on it! :D

T

Tem Matthews

The main game is an RPG, Open World, Space Exploration Game. This mockupis demonstrating the fleet space battles that will occur throughout the universe. Fleets will be fighting over planets you can help out your faction win a fight if you want to. The game is in the alpha stage but a small free demo and trailer of the Beyond the Stars will be coming to the Gamemaker Forums soon. Watch out for Beyond the Stars in the work in progress section.

Z

zircher

Avast reported that file as malware. Care to post some screen shots instead?

E

Emperor88

sure il also post screenshots! :)

actually I'm new to screenshots on forums how do you post them? any easy to convert images on desktop to URL?

SOLVED: my stupid mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tem Matthews

Avast reported that file as malware. Care to post some screen shots instead?
Avast means there is a chance there is malware. I assure you there is no malware on this download or program. Emporer88 is very trust worthy.

L

LordVTP

AV programs has a nasty habit of false flagging GM stuff- heck last week my AV went nuts and tried to rip the guts out of all my compiler related stuff O__O;;

J

Juxxec

The main game is an RPG, Open World, Space Exploration Game. This mockupis demonstrating the fleet space battles that will occur throughout the universe. Fleets will be fighting over planets you can help out your faction win a fight if you want to. The game is in the alpha stage but a small free demo and trailer of the Beyond the Stars will be coming to the Gamemaker Forums soon. Watch out for Beyond the Stars in the work in progress section.
Oh okay then. It sounds interesting. But please do look in to the rotation speed it really annoys me. I feel like I cannot move basically, because if I overshoot the enemy ships it is impossible for me to circle around, because I rotate too slowly and there is no way for me to stop from drifting too far away. :D