Free Flappy Wheels 3D (for Windows, Macintosh, Ubuntu, Android, and Web)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Product Screenshots:

Product Features:
  • Official website - www.timekillergames.weebly.com
  • The infinite objective - survive as many laps as you can
  • Laps make you faster - speed reset after multiples of 50
  • Steering gradually offset - you will need your arrow keys
  • Press something when it says to - jump 'n double jumpy
  • Stay in touch with your inner child - play with toy cars
  • Prepare to disobey gravity in some strange ways tho
Product Description:

Flappy Bird + Hot Wheels + Temple Run + erm, Happy Wheels? I have absolutely no idea bruh. Survive as many laps as you can, use the arrow keys as needed, and press something as instructed. Flap your wheels in this unique take on the classic infinite runner. Precise 3D physics wrote by Robert B. Colton. Everything else by Samuel J. Venable.

Play in Web Browser or Download:

https://samuel-venable.itch.io/flappy-wheels-3d

Also Available on the GameMaker: Player:

https://player.yoyogames.com/games/2356/flappy-wheels-3d

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Does anyone find this game to be particularly interesting?

Y

yakmoon

you are a good guy, maybe a great developer. but..
sometimes its better to read a sad feedback than reading a false one or none.
honestly i didn't find any reason to play it for more than 20 sec, you didn't even tell the player the controls!
the background sound is hilarious...
i see that you were trying to do something in 3d, thats ok, but to call this a game. I don't know, I didn't see it as a game.
it looked more like a failed project.
I hope that you understand that this is just my opinion and its not the end of the world.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @yakmoon

I thought the controls would be a little aparent or easy to figure out since its basically the left or right arrow keys and when "press" comes onto the screen you can press anything you want to jump.

You say it doesn't really feel like a game, and it didn't capture your interest, but other than the comment on the controls or background sound you listed no specifics on why you feel that way.

I appreciate the feedback, but it could be a little less vague, if you're ok with explaining a little more.

Thanks in advance.

H

hamid1855

there is a glitch with the jumping function. Sometimes when I restart the game it won't jump when it says press

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @hamid1855

I never experienced this before. Really strange. What OS were you trying it on? (Windows, Mac, etc.)

Note that you won't jump if you press a keyboard key at any point in which "*PRESS*" isn't visible.

Fern

Honest feedback, I'm not sure that this even qualifies as a game. You do nothing more than jump every time on a ramp. Now to be fair, you have steering but you don't use it in the gameplay at all (aside from straightening out). I highly recommend adding a track with turns for example. I saw "lap" at the top and thought, oh cool a race course or something. No it is a straight line and it repeats itself infinitely. What is there is somewhat polished aside from the weird vertical adjustment that occurs when landing.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @Seabass (The Human)

You could say flappy bird "doesn't qualify as a game" for all the same reasons (repetition, no variety, etc) and this game was built on a similar concept, basically doing the same thing over and over and see how far you get. Hence "flappy" is in the title, I thought that would give it away somewhat.

However, adding turns shouldn't be too difficult, I like that idea and may add it in a future version (right now I'm kind booked on a team project I'm committed to).

Thanks for the feedback!

Fern

Hi @Seabass (The Human)

You could say flappy bird "doesn't qualify as a game" for all the same reasons (repetition, no variety, etc) and this game was built on a similar concept, basically doing the same thing over and over and see how far you get. Hence "flappy" is in the title, I thought that would give it away somewhat.

However, adding turns shouldn't be too difficult, I like that idea and may add it in a future version (right now I'm kind booked on a team project I'm committed to).

Thanks for the feedback!
Excellent reply, being good at accepting feedback is priceless. If the original intent was to mimic Flappy Birds, then you have done that well. You most certainly did include 'Flappy' in the title as well so it was pretty obvious. xD

lolslayer

I'm going to be completely honest with you, I hate your presentation of the game.

It's vague, it's disturbing and I really don't know what to expect from the game, I honestly have a hard time to recognize if it's going to be a game at all, I wasn't even sure if it was a troll or not when I saw this in the game maker player once.

Plus point, you made a web player function, this way I didn't have to choose if I want to download it or not, I can just play it.

When I play the game, I never seem to get past the 2nd ramp. Really, how should I be able to? At the first ramp I've to jump at the last moment, if I do that at the 2nd ramp, I'll only jump a little bit and I've to restart the game, what is the logic behind this?

I've to give it to you, the 3D water looked great.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @lolslayer

Thank you for the honest feedback. The most I could make it to was 400 laps, though I intentionally closed the window then because I felt accomplished, I might have made it farther. I didn't realize it was so difficult for some.

As stated in the description, you get faster each lap, so lap 2 was actually supposed to be a little easier.

Skip to 2:13 on this Let's Play "High Brow Comedy" did on an older version of the game, and you'll see not everyone is having this much trouble:

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I have a rather old PC, so the lag I get may be for that reason.

@lolslayer

How's the performance for you on the web version?

JacPete

the idea is cool. i would get rid of the steering wheel it doesnt fit to the game and has no use. the music dont fit to the game you need something racing like, something that gives a feeling of speed. the jump action is not optimal. i would suggest that you make the zone, where this event can happen, bigger. i like the 3d art and how the track appears before you. i think you got still some work to do but this can be a very funny game. at least maybe children would play youre game the monster in the beginning would instantly kill this audience.

H

Huder

The game is playing on different speed for me in html5 and windows exe. On html5 there is no way to jump first ramp.

lolslayer

I have a rather old PC, so the lag I get may be for that reason.

@lolslayer

How's the performance for you on the web version?
Oh, the performance is great, running fine on web version, it's just that every time I make the 2nd jump it just makes a really small jump, it feels like I'm starting to make the jump but I spontaniously get cut off during the jump

JacPete

Oh, the performance is great, running fine on web version, it's just that every time I make the 2nd jump it just makes a really small jump, it feels like I'm starting to make the jump but I spontaniously get cut off during the jump
same happens to me

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @JacPete

Thanks for the feedback. The wheel actually can come in handy as you progress, it gives you a more precise way of seeing how much the steering is offset so you can even things out.

As for the second jump thing, that's really weird, I never had that problem before. I would try to fix it but I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

@Huder

I recently tried it on Windows 10 with the web version and it actually runs too fast, is this what you mean by you can't get past the first jump?

H

Hephep

I have the same problem as lolslayer on the web version. First ramp is fine but the second there is a little bump when I get to the last part of the ramp, a little bounce that prevent me to make a real jump.

Other points:

- graphically I think it should be better if every element were more matching, it fells like a patchwork right now.
- I don't have sound at all on the web version.
- your devteam logo is very disturbing and maybe a bit too large for a presentation page, I expected to see this weird creature in the game at first. Do you plan to make an horror game with it? I think it should fit well!

I

Ian

Hi @Seabass (The Human)
You could say flappy bird "doesn't qualify as a game" for all the same reasons (repetition, no variety, etc) and this game was built on a similar concept
Thanks for the feedback!
And a LOT of developers bashed the dev for that same reason when it released and he was pulling in around 50k a day from it. Thats why he threatened to take it down from all the hate. IMO if its fun, you did your job as a dev.

Anyway, that being said the concept was indeed simple but not simple enough to just throw the player in the game and get it. Maybe a tut to describe the point of steering and maybe adding a yellow indicator (line) on the red for the 'sweetspot' the place where you have to "press" because 1/5 times i pressed and still died.

You say its like a hybrid of the games listed above, even temple run has a in depth first level tut to ease the player into the flow.

So far unplayable, so once those topics are addressed and maybe add in a turning system like temple run it should be pretty good

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hi @Ian

You listed some very good critiques and I will definitely be updating this.

Unfortuneately right now I'm pretty booked with a team project we are pushing to release December, but indeed I will be getting back into this as soon as that is out of the way.

In game controls listed, main menu, easier gameplay, and turns are all on my to-do list.

Hi @Hephep

The monster in the logo is based on a hallucination I had a while back. I have fantasized much about making a decent horror game, but I've not delivered much on that. The best I could do is my game "Torture of the Afterflesh 3D" but I can't expand the game much further because I've tried it and it's too many texture pages for GameMaker: Studio to handle, and it creates an asset compile error report, so the project is basically screwed. If it interests you anyway it's on my website in the OP.

Samuel

lolslayer

Thanks for the feedback. The wheel actually can come in handy as you progress, it gives you a more precise way of seeing how much the steering is offset so you can even things out.

As for the second jump thing, that's really weird, I never had that problem before. I would try to fix it but I'm unable to reproduce the issue.
Okay, if it's fixed I'll try the game again :)

JacPete

tryed the download version now, the game runs much better here on my computer. its very hard to get the jumps right but once you got the timing you can race. the engine i pretty nice, do you ever heard from stunt car racer for dos an amiga ? youre engine would be great and fantastic to make an remake of stunt car racer.