Asset - Scripts Fixture Editor - make concave shapes!

MusNik

Download:
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4275/fixture-editor

Fixture Editor
is advanced physics fixture editor for GameMaker: Studio. You can built any shape for your physics body without any restrictions and easily add it to your game!

Features:
  • Better than built-in fixture editor!
  • Any size, shape and complexity of figure.
  • Both concave and convex.
  • Any number of points (even more than 8!).
  • Both clockwise and counterclockwise.
  • Any number of sub-fixtures!
  • Optimized, clean and commented code.
  • Perfect work on all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and other.
  • Technical support for all who purchased.
  • And even more.
CAN BE USED ONLY WITH BUILT-IN PHYSICS ENGINE (Box2D).

You need intermediate knowledge of GML to use.

Please write a review if you like the asset and tell me your suggestions for improvement.
If you found an error in my code or my English, please contact me ;)

Last edited:
K

kingFactotum

I agree MusNik. 2 bucks is just the equivalent in energy of saying "Tanks man, your work made me happy " ^^
But I don't blame you in any way Zerb, a long time ago I could have said things like this, because I didn't understand how much energy, time, skill and dedication it actually takes to make things like this. If its the "money" idea that kinda irks you, think of it this way : MusNik spend his own vital energy to make this great tool that you can use ; the little money he charges is actually a way he offered you to help him recover some of it.

M

Monsi

Wow, how long did that take to write? I never been able to write a perfect algorithm for turning an outline into an efficient polygon. What happens if there's like 200 nodes and it's really complicated?

MusNik

@Monsi, that was pretty tricky, you're right.
In fact, that is an experimental stuff, so I don't recommend it to use in a large sprites :)

Mool

Hi. Can you tell me (pn), how you render the sprites to the fixtures? I have this problem atm. (I use vertex buffers)

NVM got it.

Last edited:
T

Thomas N

Hi, I'm using your Fixture Editor and it is of great help. Thanks for making it. :)

Do you have an idea if or when the auto tracing feature will be ready?

This is a fantastic program! It speeds up the work of creating complex shapes in 2D box.
Unfortunately there is a bug with adding spheres.
If you add spheres the shapes are offset incorrectly.
It should be an easy thing to fix.