• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP FIXED///Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x8007000e

bshadow8

So recently after I believe the last two updates I've been getting this error code...
Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x8007000e
Call: GR_D3D_Device->CreateTexture2D at line 423 in file \TexturesM.cpp
while I don't know if it had to do with me messing with the page size option, but I've changed it back cleaned up my project and it is still popping up on the XBOX ONE dev system. This is issue is fairly new to me, and it's very unsettling...other help have suggested to shrink the page size option to the smallest setting, it still does not work. It was also suggested that this option should be checked...
"Run with graphics processor"
where can I find this and or how is this done?

Thank You

M

MarceloP

Hello @bshadow8,

As I recall, this may happen if you create a surface with size 0, 0, or if you have other things initialized with strange values. I had this problem myself recently, but I can't recall what exactly I changed and what it was. I could bring my case, but I don't think it would be relevant. So you can check older discussions of this here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/error-win32-createtexture2d-failed.41201/

My case was related to a surface and drawing on it, but I had a valid size. It happened right over a "surface_set_target".
I hope I've helped :)

bshadow8

Apparently I've tested and realized that if you place the texture page size option above the 20.. it will give you this error. I've tested on the XBOX ONE only. Now on Game Maker Studio 1.4 it can be set to 40.. with no loss in speed or no error on the PC. I am sure this is an update bug which in fact has made my game slower, by a good 40 - 60 percent. If it weren't for the XBOX LIVE capability running on Game Maker 2 this truly is not worth me updating my 1.4 to 2.

bshadow8

I also feel cheated that there is not an XBOX live capability on the Master version I paid good money for off Game Maker 1.4, and that well Game Maker 2 got another $400 off me just for that much. Game Maker 2 seems so absurd to use versus 1.4 which was already pretty much excellent in my opinion, with its weak inferior layout.

Electros

Apparently I've tested and realized that if you place the texture page size option above the 20.. it will give you this error. I've tested on the XBOX ONE only. Now on Game Maker Studio 1.4 it can be set to 40.. with no loss in speed or no error on the PC. I am sure this is an update bug which in fact has made my game slower, by a good 40 - 60 percent. If it weren't for the XBOX LIVE capability running on Game Maker 2 this truly is not worth me updating my 1.4 to 2.
I am running into the same issue deploying to XBox One - I haven't touched my UWP settings in a long while, getting the exact same error as yourself. I think this is an issue introduced in a recent update, poking around my project in case there is something I may have done to trigger it.

Update: My project ran without the errors when I dropped the texture page to 4096, it was having the issues with 8192 when I loaded it up before. Strange one.

Last edited:

bshadow8

Funny I have to drop to below 4096..shouldn't have too though it is making my sprites blurry. Plus there's there is still a lot of slow down.

M

MarceloP

I'd recommend you to submit a ticket and upload a sample of your problem. Maybe it's something related to this last update as you'd imagine. But since it's something related to the texture page, there isn't much we can do, except for reducing it.

Sorry for not being able to help you =(

bshadow8

Ok so with the new Beta Channel update, I see that there is absolutely NO SLOWDOWN while playing on XBOX ONE!!! There is also no errors. Yup that's right YOYOGAMES has corrected the lingering problem and my faith for Game Maker has been restored. Now I can successfully export my project on to the XBOX ONE!!! Yeay!!!.

Electros

Ok so with the new Beta Channel update, I see that there is absolutely NO SLOWDOWN while playing on XBOX ONE!!! There is also no errors. Yup that's right YOYOGAMES has corrected the lingering problem and my faith for Game Maker has been restored. Now I can successfully export my project on to the XBOX ONE!!! Yeay!!!.
Thanks for the post - I will probably keep my main project off Beta, but good to hear!

bshadow8

They have officially made a "wall" preventing the BETA's from corrupting any projects as I read...it's good and all but I can't really use the XBOX live gamertag feature...it still doesn't work.