• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code FIXED (kind of) - Unable to run project imported from GMS1 to GMS2

Kapser

Hi, I been doing all the converting for my GMS project to GMS2, and I'm stuck with two last compile errors:

Error : Unable to find object b203dd54-5f58-4874-b03c-5ae7027c6c9d referenced in event

Is there any way that could help me figure out where is the issue? As clicking on the error doesn't give me any hints.

EDIT: I got rid of the compile error by finding what object to delete.. However, the game still won't load.
It just says "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)" :(

Last edited:
M

mdbussen

Are you using any extensions? I had a small issue with importing my game to GMS2 due to the extensions I was using. In particular I was using the InputDog extension which has macros defined in a separate .ext file and GMS2 import did not correctly import these macros. Once I added them manually to the macros script my project then worked correctly.

I know that some other extensions from 1.4 may be entirely incompatible with 2.0 at the moment.

Kapser

I'm not using extensions... All I did is add a layer for every instance_create, and get rid of some object with the referencing issues.. the game just won't start.

EDIT2: I deleted the text file in "Included Files" which is a list of modules, but seemed to have fixed it, or at least allow me to get access to new bugs to fix!

Now gotta figure out how to fix those index out of range issues with debths...

EDIT3: I guess I should open a new thread after investigating this, but I get this on launch:

of Create Event
for object obj_player2:

Pop :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,236] - -5.<unknown variable>(100004,-1)
at gml_Script___global_object_depths (line 500) - global.__objectID2Depth[ objID ] = global.__objectDepths;
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script___global_object_depths (line 500)
called from - gml_GlobalScript_1 (line 1) - __global_object_depths()

EDIT4: I guess i only had to delete the compatibility depth scripts! Getting there!

Last edited: