GameMaker [Fixed]Glitching in walls. Heartbeast platformer tutorial

D

Dylaniza

I used heartbeasts tutorial for platforms and it works but alot of the times you will glitch in walls and unable to move. If any one has used the tutorial before, have you found a solution for this? and if not have you used a better tutorial that works in gms2?

A

anthropus

Hi there, I've had the same problem, although maybe for different reasons. What I was doing wrong was that centering of my player sprite was off. So what I recommend is make sure the sprite is centered on the "canvas" and then center the sprite proper. This will ensure that when flipping left to right the player will turn on its own y axis and not on some wierd axis value. Hope that helps!

D

Dylaniza

Mine seems to be centred well, but still gets stuck in walls, found a tutorial on collisions b4 and am going to try that out for a new game i'm working on, thanks for the reply though.

D

Dylaniza

Found the issue, since my first game was built block by block it recolonised each block as a platform, I fixed it by using collisions as objects so that I can just stretch them out to be one full platform and then use the tiles tile by tile over them.