• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [FIXED] Error: "Unable to find game!!!"

L

Lojack84

So I have a number of projects I have been making on my computer and all of them are completely corrupted, backups and everything. My projects are intact, the script is there but every time I compile I get the same error message!!! (games name is cargo run, my USER is Lojack)

Unable to find game!!!
Lojack\Appdata\Local\gm_ttt_35619\gm_ttt_5703\CargoRun.win
Game maker is spamming the above location with newly created gmt_ttt_ directories whilst saying it can't find the one it needs.

Asset Compile finished: 01:14:46
-----------------------------------------------------------
executing C:Lojack\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_35619\gm_ttt_5703\CargoRun.win
-----------------------------------------------------------
"C:\Users\Lojack\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Runner.exe" -game "C:Lojack\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_35619\gm_ttt_5703\CargoRun.win"

FAILED to load File Lojack\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_35619\gm_ttt_5703\CargoRun.win
I hope that someone can help me with this, it absolutely sucks, I spent far too long on these things for this to happen. I have tried reinstalling Game Maker. Rebooting, all the usual.

B

bigweight

So I have a number of projects I have been making on my computer and all of them are completely corrupted, backups and everything. My projects are intact, the script is there but every time I compile I get the same error message!!! (games name is cargo run, my USER is Lojack)

Game maker is spamming the above location with newly created gmt_ttt_ directories whilst saying it can't find the one it needs.

I hope that someone can help me with this, it absolutely sucks, I spent far too long on these things for this to happen. I have tried reinstalling Game Maker. Rebooting, all the usual.
I had the same problem once, just restarting the pc fixed it for me

M

MishMash

Could be an anti-virus issue, this kind of error smells like Norton :p If you do have an anti-virus or anti-malware other than Windows Defender, try temporarily disabling it, and then run your game. If it runs, you will need to whitelist GameMaker and potentially certain subfolders within your appdata folder to allow GM to execute its created executables. It appears that your games are compiling successfully, but something is blocking the launch.
Another thing could be something silly like your PC running out of storage space and not being able to fully compile the project.

L

Lojack84

Fixed it myself by changing the Temp Directory from my 2nd HDD to my Primary drive. Hope this helps someone out

Restarting, reinstalling and all that gubbins didn't work.