Fixed direction particle trail?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by MG89, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MG89

MG89 Member

Hey everyone, I have been experimenting with particles. I am trying to emit a trail behind a moving object and the problem I am experiencing is that the trail seems to bend instead of staying in a straight line like pictured in the attached photo. This issue has been puzzling me for a couple of days now, I would appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction :p

Attached Files:

2. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

Without seeing it in action, the image is not enough for me to quite say.

One game I am developing, or was but is on hold for now can be found here and you can see it in action. If that's what you're going for I can dig through the coding and find what I put to achieve the effects you see in my development. I have to go to bed now, but respond and tomorrow after work I'll find it for you.

Onnie

3. NightFrost

NightFrost Member

The trails seems to bend because the particles are doing as instructed, moving directly away from the ship. They can't move behind the ship because there's no such thing (imagine a boat whose wake moved to stay directly behind it). You can adjust the curve by greatly increasing particle speed and shortening their lifetime to match. You may also need to increase particle emission count as there'll be less of them out at the same time.