(Fixed) (Bug) A resource with this name already exists but it doesn't actually exist.

A

Adhiesc

Literally as the title said ~

It occurs in EVERY OBJECT when I have made a change to any code then press OK (tick).
It doesn't make any problem with my game, but it bothers me to see that warning every time I make changes to a code block.

I appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks before. :)

EDIT :

The error was that a Group contains the same name as a certain resource.
It's not detected as error by the game itself though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried:

1) Try cleaning your build (the broom icon in the toolbar)
2) Use the search for resources option at the bottom left of the screen to search for the name "game_battler" just to make sure you really don't have a duplicate named resource.

Hyomoto

Hmm, I haven't seen this case before. In an earlier version it would do that if it shared a name with ANY other case, but the only thing I can ask is GM:S is fully up to date right?

S

seanm

Did you give a sprite or some other resource the same name?

A

Adhiesc

I'm sure there is no duplicate in any other place.
I also have tried cleaning the project with that broom icon.
As I have said, it occurs after I make changes to a code and click the tick. Not after I click OK on an object properties, unlike when it's actually a duplicate there.
Here, see what I did. "CHANGE"
My GM is v1.4.1763 as seen in the picture, by the way.

What happens when you run Scripts->Check Resource Names?

Have you checked the results of Scripts->Show Resource Names as well?

Very odd. Perhaps a bug. One other thing I can think of that might be worth a try is to Export your entire project and re-import it into a new project. Haven't tried it myself before, but have seen it mentioned in other posts on the forums. Sorry I can't help much more than this, not sure what could be causing it. :)

A

Adhiesc

Very odd. Perhaps a bug. One other thing I can think of that might be worth a try is to Export your entire project and re-import it into a new project. Haven't tried it myself before, but have seen it mentioned in other posts on the forums. Sorry I can't help much more than this, not sure what could be causing it. :)
I have tried it, no effect.
It's okay, I just hope I will find the cause soon. :)

A

Adhiesc

OMG, I found it!!!
I NEVER THOUGHT ~
That a Group and an Object with same name can 'cause this abomination.
I thought that only the resources itself must use different name.
When I change one of the names, the error is fixed.