• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer Fix some operational glitches

W

WWAZman

I have a fairly large game that has a number of functional glitches as a sidescroller that I have not been able to fix since upgrading it from gamemaker 8 a few years ago. It presently works for Android (and works decently) though it was originally designed for PC, which is how I usually test it. SOME of the older glitches known are here:

older:
life counter doesn't work, and as such has been temporarily disabled to enable gameplay.
boss ai doesn't register with collisions, meaning they don't perform the secondary attacks like they should.
enemy ai could be a lot better
colliison with diagonal running blocks (it's a side scroller) could be fixed or altered?
Figure out how to switch between two versions of the character (sword, swordless) without going to a new stage.
Figure out a SMB 3 style "P" running meter to enable in one stage where the character MUST be running.

some of the NEWER glitches are here: (might be GMS related)
* when pressing the jump button (either type.. up or the I button) my main character will variably jump over invisible objects or hover over or even go up to the ceiling if the jump is continually held. IT is NOT consistent.

this is just a hobby for me, there's not a ton of people playing it though it's been on market for 4 years. (I'll pm interested persons a link) so I can't pay a whole lot but it would be great to be able to get it functioning better! Please PM me and I'll send you a link to look at the game, then you can either request a gmx or give me an estimate?

Thanks!