• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Five Years After - 2D zombie survival game

X

xery555

Hello guys!
This is my second game ever created, and my first published one! It's a game for Windows, made in GM:S.

Description:
A 2D top-down zombie survival game in which you try to survive an onslaught of zombies. Collect ammo and health randomly placed on the map in order to survive. Shoot your way through, or get the tank and blow your way free. But keep in mind, the tank will draw the attention of an even bigger obstacle - the military!

Download link:
https://xery555.itch.io/five-years-after
---------------------------------------------------------
YOUTUBE:
---------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

N

Noisefever

I think you should consider to rework your game. The control would be much better with mouse aiming. How it works right now is a bit unusual. And the start is way too hard. The zombies are too fast and are more like flies sticking to me, killing me in seconds.

I'm sorry that I can't say something positive at the moment!

X

xery555

I think you should consider to rework your game. The control would be much better with mouse aiming. How it works right now is a bit unusual. And the start is way too hard. The zombies are too fast and are more like flies sticking to me, killing me in seconds.

I'm sorry that I can't say something positive at the moment!
Thanks for the feedback.
I may rework the controls a bit. Regarding player movement I took inspiration from old school games like GTA 1 and GTA 2, but it may not have been the best idea.
Perhaps I will also implement a "level up"-system, making the enemies harder as you go along.