• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows first time publishing to windows uwp

W

Wraithious

Hi, so I finally got around to publishing on windows uwp, but my game doesn't work correctly at all, the get_open_filename function does absolutly nothing, and worse still the dll I use to enable on screen drawing not only doesnt work, it shuts down the game. when I uploaded it to the windows store it only asks for the .appx file, but there are other files in the folder like the Add-AppDevPackage.resources folder, the Add-AppDevPackage.ps1 file and the WinUAPRunner_Temp.cer file, do these need to be uploaded too? or am I missing something? Please help I'm going out of my mind here lol

EDIT:
well I guess you can't use the fundraw dll anymore, at least on windows uwp, here's a list of errors with the dll:
  • API BitBlt in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API CreateCompatibleDC in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API CreatePen in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API CreateSolidBrush in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API DeleteDC in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API Ellipse in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API GetObjectA in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API GetPixel in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API LineTo in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API MoveToEx in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API Rectangle in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API SelectObject in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API SetBkMode in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API SetPixel in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API SetTextColor in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API TextOutA in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API AddAtomA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API FindAtomA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API GetAtomNameA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API GetDC in user32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API InvalidateRect in user32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API LoadImageA in user32.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API __dllonexit in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API _assert in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API _errno in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API abort in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API fflush in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API free in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API malloc in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.
  • API memset in msvcrt.dll is not supported for this application type. FunDraw.dll calls this API.

But that doesn't explain why I can't use the function get_open_filename, does anyone have any ideas about this or have encountered it?

EDIT #2:
Just tried uploading another app that does not use any special 'outside' functions and it also crashes, this time because it can't find a text file THAT IS INCLUDED in the included files, what is going on here?????
compiler error:
Code:
Finished PrepareGame()
Run_Start
Total memory used = 6545322(0x0063dfaa) bytes
Entering main loop.
Visibility changed: Visible
ERROR!!! :: Failed to open file: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\InterplanetaryClockFull-native-gmx_5.0.0.0_x86__c9c5zma5spevc\Assets\\fry.txt
Lost connection with app
Compile finished: 9:00:27 PM
And yes I tried installing the completed app after the final build, still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wraithious

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

If i posted this on the wrong forum or something please let me know or move this topic?

W

Wraithious

I hate to be a pest but any replies at all would be helpfull........... ...

COWCAT

Wish I could help, but I haven't used the UWP export that much yet.
First I had some signature issues that have been solved since then. Then I encountered some weird crashes and didn't take the time to study them yet.
But I wouldn't be surprised if there are some bugs with this export. It doesn't seem like many people are using it.

I'm pretty sure "get_open_filename" is supposed to work with the Windows export only (UWP is different)
But the included file should work, yes.
My best advice is to send a message to the support :)

W

Wraithious

My best advice is to send a message to the support :)
Ok thanks very much, I will make a small project and submit it to yoyo's bug reports, it would be nice to be able to release at least some of my games on the windows store because no one's downloading the paid windows versions on my website, even tho the most expensive one is only $1.99, probably because they are unsigned and bring up that annoying "Are you sure you want to install this non trusted app?" haha

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, so "get_open_filename" isn't available on the UWP platform. It's pretty much a "windows only" function (ie: windows EXE). As for the included file issue, what path are you using to access the included file? Can you post the code you have? Also, have you checked to make sure that the file is actually being exported along with the project? Double click it in the IDE and see...

W

Wraithious

Okay, so "get_open_filename" isn't available on the UWP platform. It's pretty much a "windows only" function (ie: windows EXE). As for the included file issue, what path are you using to access the included file? Can you post the code you have? Also, have you checked to make sure that the file is actually being exported along with the project? Double click it in the IDE and see...
yep someone mentioned that about get_open_filename, but the project with a text file was very very basic and it was a simple routine if file_exists("the_file") { //do stuff}, but where do you mean to check in the ide if the file's there? the folder on my computer the game is built to? I put the file in the included files so it should be there?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you look at this page: https://docs.yoyogames.com/index.ht...ice/001_advanced use/002_including files.html

You can see that you can set files to export to different platforms or not. Make sure that you have UWP selected here... Also, it might be worth testing using "working_directory" too. In general I've never really needed to use it, but I confess to not having worked with UWP much so it may be required when forming the path to an included file.

W

Wraithious

If you look at this page: https://docs.yoyogames.com/index.html?page=source/dadiospice/001_advanced use/002_including files.html

You can see that you can set files to export to different platforms or not. Make sure that you have UWP selected here... Also, it might be worth testing using "working_directory" too. In general I've never really needed to use it, but I confess to not having worked with UWP much so it may be required when forming the path to an included file.
Ok I see what you mean but yea, all the export to types are checked. I know this is an old thread, but like I mentioned I'd like to export to uwp licenced because even to this day i don't even have 1 sale on my website for any of my paid windows games and apps, I think i submitted the bug report a long time ago too but haven't heard back, I'll have to look through my email to make sure I did submit it tho.

RizbIT

ok but what about dlls, as a general rule can you use dlls, in UWP project destined to be used as a desktop pc app?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

ok but what about dlls, as a general rule can you use dlls, in UWP project destined to be used as a desktop pc app?
I answered your question already. The Microsoft docs cover this info very well.