• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free First "released" Game (Windows Build Only) - Evil Clutches

B

Beef Erikson

A very simple, fast-paced yet awfully fun shooter.

(Very) loosely based off a tutorial, more details can be found on link.

Thanks for taking a look and hope someone gets enjoyment out of it!

Download here for free!

Side note - if anyone does like this and ends up playing it a bit, I'd LOVE some high score screenshots! Going to keep a collection of them as memorabilia for first game :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hi
you reminded me of the Game Maker's companion book!
I think everyone created this game!! and played it.

B

Beef Erikson

yes indeed sir... er... cat!
great game :) expanded a ton on it and have plans for more.

love the idea in its simpllicity!

N

Neo_Gaming

Each time the player dies, there seems to be a message on the Compile Form saying "Total memory used = 2013336(0x001eb898) bytes." Then I run the game in debug mode and all that memory piles up. I destroy the both objects in the collision and it keeps happening. Is there a way to fix that?
(I was following along the book and there seems to be that issue.)

MaGicBush

Wow I remember making this game back in GM 6 or 7(can't remember it was back in high school about 12 years ago lol). I bought the book(The Game Makers Apprentice) and went through it all. I have it laying around somewhere.

Last edited: