• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

First hour or creating a Space Invaders game - from scratch

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
So I thought it might be interesting to post the first hour of me creating a simple game, from scratch, complete with mistakes, crashes and badly drawn art. I decided to do a simple Space Invaders clone, as it's one I suspect many aspiring game devs might try. I've done a few games in a day, so I'm kinda working up to doing a full video of one, so this is a test run if you like...

It's interesting seeing how far you can get from scratch, even in an hour. Anyways... it's here if you have wanna see it.

B

Braffolk

The video is private.

Edit:
Not anymore, that's quite cool.

I

icuurd12b42

lol, on the surf thing. it's like watching myself on one of those WTF moments.... strong typing would help the language a lot in this case

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yeah, I always get the order wrong on drawing - as all other surface calls have it first, then have a head scratching moment....