• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

First GMS2 game and first game jam.

Roldy

Here is the first prototype I've 'completed' with GMS2.

Also this is my first jam game. So its rough. But I'm glad a finished it in the 48 hours.

The jam was UGJ 2020: https://itch.io/jam/united-game-jam-2020
The jam theme was "Two."

I didn't complete an important feature: level manager.

The difficulty can be 'unplayable' as it is just a bunch of random generation with no real thought.

So once I get some sleep I might try to complete it.

Last edited:
M

mizugori

Looks cool. I would like to try it but am a bit hesitant to download and install exes (is this published to an online portal or anything like that?)

BIG PROPS for just signing up for a game jam and following through!

M

mizugori

Not sure what you mean. It is published on itch.io.
I meant is it on one of those sites where you can just play it in the browser, as opposed to downloading and running an unknown .exe

Roldy

I meant is it on one of those sites where you can just play it in the browser, as opposed to downloading and running an unknown .exe
You can do that on itch.io. I just don't have the HTML5/webgl license for GMS2.

But I am thinking about buying it before the sale ends (tomorrow?).

So maybe it will be in HTML5/webgl soon.

BTW. if you have Windows Pro just run stuff in your VM sandbox. That is what I do with 'unknown' .exe's.