• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free First Game: BLOO

E

Enegris

Bloo is a puzzle platformer with shooter-elements, made with GMS 1.4 and it's my first game. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated. The Betaversion has currently 4 Levels. A free download of the Betaversion is available on: https://workupload.com/file/2QrpzQU

edit: i made a few changes regarding the titlescreen, background and time crystals. the download link to the new version is: https://workupload.com/file/qXpNKJQ

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabnock

hi,

Great first game. I really like the look, sound and feel of it so far.

initial comments are :

- when jumping the player should keep moving in the direction they are travelling when you let go of the keys. just stopping mid air and falling is jarring and being able to start moving again the air whilst still falling would have Einstein turning in his grave :D
- you need more time crystals on the tutorial crystals. I got zapped back way to far to keep me interested in carrying on.

looks like good a solid idea and the gfx are great.

E

Enegris

hi,

Great first game. I really like the look, sound and feel of it so far.

initial comments are :

- when jumping the player should keep moving in the direction they are travelling when you let go of the keys. just stopping mid air and falling is jarring and being able to start moving again the air whilst still falling would have Einstein turning in his grave :D
- you need more time crystals on the tutorial crystals. I got zapped back way to far to keep me interested in carrying on.

looks like good a solid idea and the gfx are great.

thanks a lot for your feedback, that really means a lot to me. i definitely will consider your tipps. i know that the jumping mechanics are a bit awkward, but i figured it might be to difficult for the player if i change them. i will make more time-crystals, i played it through myself a lot and also noticed that it can be very frustrating, so i definitely change that.
also thanks for the compliment regarding the grafics. i only had microsoft paint to work with, so it was a pain in the ass and very unefficient. i will buy myself a drawing board for my next project.

edit: i made a few changes regarding the titlescreen, background and time crystals. the download link to the new version is: https://workupload.com/file/qXpNKJQ

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackstrawhat

hahah i try it.. too many double jump needed dude.. hahah nc work for first game btw..

E

Enegris

hahah i try it.. too many double jump needed dude.. hahah nc work for first game btw..
thanks a lot for your feedback!
what do you mean with "too many doublejumps needed"? in case you got stuck: i played it all through, so it is doable. there is however a section in the first level that needs good timing of the jumps and is not possible otherwise. here's the solution to that part in case you got stuck:

edit: you also need to hold down shift, so you can jump further.

Attachments