Windows First completed game using GMS2

O

OrangeCrowStudio

This is the first game I started programming and actually completed since I started working with Game Maker. I'm pretty proud of it! It's short, but was a way to learn and grow.

If you're able to check it out and leave me some feedback, I'd appreciate it! :)

Thanks!

(The Race to the Big Race)
-download-

splash screen.png
You play as Robert the Tire and you have to roll and jump your way through 10 little courses to find his lost friends before "The Big Race".

tire 1.JPG
tire 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mk.2

Great effort for your first game. It's a unique idea, the mechanics are easy to understand and the levels are well designed and sometimes offer multiple routes for the player. The increasing difficulty feels well designed too.

My feedback would be to add a way to tell the player that the tyre is pumped via either a simple HUD or even better, a sprite change. Usually, the player will know that they just collected a pump, but it would be better to have that information on screen so they are certain before they attempt a jump. Same with the those things that charge you up, there seems to be a little delay before you're able to jump from them, and it would be nice to have a simple visual cue that the jump is ready. Just a couple of ideas in case you intend to add some more polish to the game.

Other than that, really well done. Keep it up!

O

OrangeCrowStudio

Great effort for your first game. It's a unique idea, the mechanics are easy to understand and the levels are well designed and sometimes offer multiple routes for the player. The increasing difficulty feels well designed too.

My feedback would be to add a way to tell the player that the tyre is pumped via either a simple HUD or even better, a sprite change. Usually, the player will know that they just collected a pump, but it would be better to have that information on screen so they are certain before they attempt a jump. Same with the those things that charge you up, there seems to be a little delay before you're able to jump from them, and it would be nice to have a simple visual cue that the jump is ready. Just a couple of ideas in case you intend to add some more polish to the game.

Other than that, really well done. Keep it up!
That's super helpful! Thanks for checking it out and for the feedback!