1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows FireSide Platformer death counter high score

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Inglourian, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Inglourian

Inglourian Member

I'm currently using score as a death counter and am wondering how to make fewer deaths appear first on the high score displayed at the end. The screenshot shows the high score table which currently posts a higher death count first and need help changing the values/order in which high score/death counter is shown.

Attached Files:

2. KPJ

KPJ Member

Hey @Inglourian! This part of the forum is to showcase your projects, not to ask questions! The Programming forum is for that. And, I recommend that you give more information, such as your code, so that people can help easier.

3. Inglourian

Inglourian Member

Update: I'm actually using game maker built in functions for score keeping, no code. Here are the screenshots of the GML functions I'm using for a death counter. The Left side of the image is for the collision with Fire (the same D&D functions are used with Outside room & Arrows). The Right side is for the Collision with the final door of the game & the D&D functions to show high score.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019